Palip Xr 6mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Palip Xr is a prescription medication. The pharmacological component of Palip XR is a medication called Paliperidone. It is used for the treatment of a mental health disorder called schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a complex disorder that occurs due to an imbalance of biochemicals in the brain. This imbalance affects the person's ability to perceive reality. Patients usually experience delusions, hallucinations, social withdrawal and disturbed thinking. This might lead to a decrease in the quality of their life. It’s essential to only take this medication on prescription by a doctor, at the exact dose and for the entire duration prescribed....
|You Save||₹28.36 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Acute and maintenance treatment of schizophrenia|
|Side effects||Insomnia, Headache, Agitation and Anxiety, Constipation, Dry mouth, Sedation, Weight gain, Postural Hypotension, Insulin Resistance,Akathisia(feeling restless/unable to sit still) Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement) and Tremor.|
Check more medicines with composition as Paliperidone(6.0 Mg)
Uses of Palip Xr 6 MG
- Acute and maintenance treatment of schizophrenia
Contraindications of Palip Xr 6 MG
- If you’ve known hypersensitivity to paliperidone, risperidone, or related substances.
- If you have dementia-related psychosis.
- If you have Parkinson’s disease.
Side effects of Palip Xr 6 MG
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Postural Hypotension
- Insulin Resistance
- Agitation and Anxiety
- Akathisia(feeling restless/unable to sit still)
- Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement)
Precautions and Warnings of Palip Xr 6 MG
Can I take Palip XR during pregnancy?
This medication can be taken during pregnancy if your physician has decided necessary. If you are pregnant or intend to conceive while on this medication, consult your physician for more information.
Can I take Palip XR while breastfeeding?
This medication is secreted in breastmilk. Current studies show no adverse effects in the baby due to the medication other than mild sedation in a few babies. Consult your doctor for more information before breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Palip Xr?
Driving isn’t contraindicated while taking Palip Xr Tablet. However, since this medication is known to cause dizziness, drowsiness it’s recommended that patients not drive or operate heavy machinery if experiencing any of the mentioned side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with the Palip Xr?
Alcohol consumption while on Palip Xr Tablet is contraindicated as it increases the chances of side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any health problems including glaucoma, seizures, heart conditions, renal disorders or liver conditions.
- You develop any thoughts of harming yourself while on this medication.
- You are on any medications. Based on this information, they may choose to prescribe you a different drug or modify the dose prescribed to you.
- You experience fever, muscle rigidity, and altered consciousness. These may be the symptoms of a dangerous condition known as Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS).
Mode of Action of Palip Xr 6 MG
How Does It Work?
The pharmacological component of Palip XR is a medication called Paliperidone. In schizophrenia, there is an excess of certain chemicals in the brain known as serotonin and dopamine. This leads to a person experiencing symptoms such as seeing or hearing things that do not exist, feeling unusually suspicious etc. Paliperidone acts by blocking the actions of these chemicals. As a result, the symptoms experienced by the patient decrease....
Directions for Use of Palip Xr 6 MG
- It is recommended that Palip Xr Tablet be taken at fixed times every day.
- Palip Xr Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Swallow the tablet whole, do not split, crush, or chew.
- Take Palip Xr Tablet at the recommended dose. Don’t alter the dose in any way, as this may lead to undesirable side effects.
- It is important to take this medication for the entire duration prescribed to you by your doctor. This holds true even if you begin to feel better. Abruptly stopping this medication can lead to side effects such as hallucinations....
Interactions of Palip Xr 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Co-administration with Benzodiazepines, Opioids etc., is not recommended as Paliperidone can potentiate its actions.
- Co-administration with drugs Ciprofloxacin, Linezolid, Balsalazide etc., is not advisable, as the severity of the side effects of Paliperidone increases.
- Co-administration with levodopa and other dopamine agonists is not advisable. Paliperidone may antagonise their effects which may reduce its efficacy.
- The metabolism of Paliperidone can be increased when combined with certain medicines, which may reduce its effectiveness. Co-administration with these drugs, which include Carbamazepine is not advisable....
Interactions with food items
- It does not have any specific food interactions.
Storage and disposal of Palip Xr 6 MG
Store Palip Xr Tablet in a cool and dry place. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
Dosage of Palip Xr 6 MG
An overdose of Palip Xr Tablet can lead to many serious side effects. The most common symptoms are drowsiness, blurred vision, respiratory depression and hypotension. Immediately seek medical care at an emergency centre in cases of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, take it just when you remember. However, if it is closer to the time of your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular scheduled dose. Don’t double the dose of this medication....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do the effects of the Palip Xr Tablet last?
A: The amount of time Palip Xr Tablet effects last varies depending on how long you’ve been taking this medication. The half-life of Paliperidone is roughly 24 hours. Half the drug would be cleared in that period. However, it is important to continue taking the medication for the duration prescribed by your physician, even if you feel better.
Q: I feel like my weight has increased after I started Palip Xr Tablet. Is that possible?
A: This medication can result in weight gain in some cases. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor. Do not stop the tablet.
Q: It has been a day since I took this medication, but I do not see any effects. Should I take another dose?
A: Most people taking this medication will start to feel its effects within 2-8weeks of starting. However, it might take longer to feel its complete benefits. Take Palip Xr Tablet as recommended by your doctor. Don’t increase the dose without the prescription of your treating physician.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.