Palip Xr 6mg Tablet
Palip Xr 6 MG Description
Palip Xr is a prescription medication. The pharmacological component of Palip XR is a medication called Paliperidone. It is used for the treatment of a mental health disorder called schizophrenia. Sc
hizophrenia is a complex disorder that occurs due to an imbalance of biochemicals in the brain. This imbalance affects the person's ability to perceive reality. Patients usually experience delusions, hallucinations, social withdrawal and disturbed thinking. This might lead to a decrease in the quality of their life. It’s essential to only take this medication on prescription by a doctor, at the exact dose and for the entire duration prescribed.
|₹19.15 (14% on MRP)
|Acute and maintenance treatment of schizophrenia
|Insomnia, Headache, Agitation and Anxiety, Constipation, Dry mouth, Sedation, Weight gain, Postural Hypotension, Insulin Resistance,Akathisia(feeling restless/unable to sit still) Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement) and Tremor.
Uses of Palip Xr 6 MG
- Acute and maintenance treatment of schizophrenia
Contraindications of Palip Xr 6 MG
- If you’ve known hypersensitivity to paliperidone, risperidone, or related substances.
- If you have dementia-related psychosis.
- If you have Parkinson’s disease.
Side effects of Palip Xr 6 MG
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Postural Hypotension
- Insulin Resistance
- Agitation and Anxiety
- Akathisia(feeling restless/unable to sit still)
- Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement)
Precautions and Warnings of Palip Xr 6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any health problems including glaucoma, seizures, heart conditions, renal disorders or liver conditions.
- You develop any thoughts of harming yourself while on this medication.
- You are on any medications. Based on this information, they may choose to prescribe you a different drug or modify the dose prescribed to you.
- You experience fever, muscle rigidity, and altered consciousness. These may be the symptoms of a dangerous condition known as Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS).
Mode of Action of Palip Xr 6 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Palip Xr 6 MG
- It is recommended that Palip Xr Tablet be taken at fixed times every day.
- Palip Xr Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Swallow the tablet whole, do not split, crush, or chew.
- Take Palip Xr Tablet at the recommended dose. Don’t alter the dose in any way, as this may lead to undesirable side effects.
- It is important to take this medication for the entire duration prescribed to you by your doctor. This holds true even if you begin to feel better. Abruptly stopping this medication can lead to side effects such as hallucinations....
Interactions of Palip Xr 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Co-administration with Benzodiazepines, Opioids etc., is not recommended as Paliperidone can potentiate its actions.
- Co-administration with drugs Ciprofloxacin, Linezolid, Balsalazide etc., is not advisable, as the severity of the side effects of Paliperidone increases.
- Co-administration with levodopa and other dopamine agonists is not advisable. Paliperidone may antagonise their effects which may reduce its efficacy.
- The metabolism of Paliperidone can be increased when combined with certain medicines, which may reduce its effectiveness. Co-administration with these drugs, which include Carbamazepine is not advisable....
Interactions with food items
- It does not have any specific food interactions.