Pactol 650mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By WEST-COAST PHARMACEUTICAL WORKS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pactol Tablet is used to provide temporary relief from fever, pain and aches. It contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen which is an analgesics (painkillers) or antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever). Paracetamol stops the release of a natural chemical substance, prostaglandins responsible for pain and fever. You should not take more than 4-Tablets of the Pactol Tablet in 24 hours. Take Pactol with food to avoid stomach upset....
|You Save||₹3.42 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(650.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Fever and pain|
|Side effects||Skin rash, itching, blisters|
Check more medicines with composition as Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(650.0 Mg)
Uses of Pactol 650 MG
Pactol Tablet is used to treat fever, pain and ache.
Contraindications of Pactol 650 MG
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any other ingredients of Pactol Tablet.
- If you are taking any other products that contain paracetamol.
Side effects of Pactol 650 MG
Chances of getting side effects with Pactol Tablet are rare if taken within the recommended doses. However, in rare cases, you may experience a skin rash, itching and blisters, allergic reaction and blood-related problems....
Precautions and Warnings of Pactol 650 MG
Can I take the Pactol Tablet during pregnancy?
Pactol Tablet can be used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends it. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take the Pactol Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Pactol Tablet pass into the breastmilk in very small amounts and has negligible effects on the breastfed baby. Thus, you can take it while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Pactol Tablet?
Pactol Tablet is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Pactol Tablet?
Moderate consumption of alcohol when you are taking a Pactol Tablet is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease or problems.
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol. Taking too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- You consume alcohol too often or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- Pactol Tablet is not meant to be used in children below 12 years of age.
- You should maintain a gap of 4-6 hours between each dose of Pactol and should not exceed it to more than 4-Tablets a day.
Mode of Action of Pactol 650 MG
How Does It Work?
Pactol Tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical substance called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the fever, swelling and sensation of pain. It also acts on the area of the brain, responsible for controlling body temperature....
Directions for Use of Pactol 650 MG
Take Pactol Tablet as a whole with a glass of water or use it as directed by your physician.
Interactions of Pactol 650 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone should be avoided with Pactol Tablet.
- Frequent use of Pactol Tablet by a person on blood thinners like warfarin can increase the anticoagulant effect of warfarin and can lead to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours as it can interfere with the painkiller action of Pactol Tablet.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like chloramphenicol should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Pactol 650 MG
- Pactol Tablet should be stored at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pactol 650 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache. If you happen to take too much of this medicine, reach out to your doctor at the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose then take it as soon as you remember. Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and the next dose. If it is almost time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My child has a fever, can I give Pactol mg Tablet to my child who is 5 years old?
A: No, Pactol Tablet is not meant for use in children below 12 years of age.
Q: My child, who is 3 years old happened to consume 5 Tablets of paracetamol, what should I do?
A: Immediately take your child to the hospital. It may take some time before symptoms of the overdose appear. The physician will evaluate with help of laboratory reports and examination to check if the baby's liver is doing fine.
Q: Can I take Pactol for cold and fever?
A: You can take a Pactol Tablet for controlling fever. This medicine might not have any action in reducing cold as cold usually happens due to a viral infection or an allergic condition and affects the nose and throat.
Q: Can I take Pactol Tablet for migraines?
A: No, Pactol Tablet is not much effective in migraine headaches. So it is advised to consult a doctor before taking Pactol Tablet.
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- LactMed - Paracetamol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Paracetamol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Acetaminophen: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand