By SHREE KRISHNAKESHAV LABORATORIES
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oxavin 0.2 % Description
Oxavin Injection is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of certain bacterial infections like infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin. It is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold, etc. It will be administered in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history, before starting the medicine....
|You Save||₹25.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Side effects||Swelling of veins, injection site reaction like pain, swelling and redness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(0.2 %)
Uses of Oxavin 0.2 %
Oxavin Injection is used in the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Oxavin 0.2 %
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin or other ingredients of Oxavin Injection.
- If you have a history of fits.
- Having problems related to a tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to conceive or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- You may have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Oxavin 0.2 %
- Injection site reaction like pain, swelling and redness.
- Swelling of veins (phlebitis).
Precautions and Warnings of Oxavin 0.2 %
Can I take Oxavin Injection during pregnancy?
Avoid the medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Oxavin Injection while breastfeeding?
Oxavin Injection can pass into human breast milk and can harm the baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking the medicine.
Can I drive if I have taken Oxavin Injection?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances after taking the injection. Avoid driving if feel unwell or unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Oxavin Injection?
Avoid alcohol while taking the medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints, muscle weakness, joint pain, nerve-related problems, confusion, lack of sleep, anxiety, fits, etc. during the treatment.
- You may experience allergic reaction like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, other infection after taking Oxavin Injection.
- You may experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may have a pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver-related problems, diabetes, or kind of heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm, brain-related disorder, etc.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen during the treatment.
- If you suffer from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose occurs, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- It is advised to keep yourself well hydrated during the treatment.
- Keep a regular check on liver or kidney function during prolonged treatment.
Mode of Action of Oxavin 0.2 %
How Does It Work?
The medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Oxavin 0.2 %
- The injection will be given in the hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject the medicine.
Interactions of Oxavin 0.2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Oxavin Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout or arthritis, antibiotics, antidepressants, antacids, painkillers, medicines for breathing-related problems like theophylline, antidiabetic medicines etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are oral anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like ibuprofen, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine, anti-cancer medicines like methotrexate etc....
- Also, you should inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Oxavin 0.2 %
- Store Oxavin Injection at room temperature. Do not freeze it.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Dosage of Oxavin 0.2 %
The injection will be given by the doctor or nurse, therefore it is less likely to give you more or less of the medicine. However, symptoms may include confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you. Thus a dose will not be missed. However, if you think the doctor or nurse might have missed a dose inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I remember while taking Oxavin Injection?
- If you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea during the treatment, inform the doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform the doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to sun or other allergic reactions.
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay