Orofer S 100mg Ampoule Of 5ml Injection
Orofer S 20 MG Description
Orofer S 100 Injection contains iron sucrose, an anti-anaemic medicine used to treat iron-deficiency, also termed as anemia. This medicine should be avoided if you have any allergic reaction to any o
ther iron medicines. Before starting with Orofer injection, inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming. This injection will be given in a hospital or clinic by a nurse or the doctor. Do not self-inject.
|You Save||₹50.13 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Iron Sucrose(20.0 Mg)|
Uses of Orofer S 20 MG
Contraindications of Orofer S 20 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a severe allergic reaction to other iron medicines.
- If you have anemia, which is not caused due to iron-deficiency.
- If you have excessive iron in your body.
- If you have a problem with how your body uses iron.
Side effects of Orofer S 20 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation
- Stomach pain, back pain
- Pain in the muscle, limbs, joints
- Injection site pain, swelling, redness, itching
- Injection site bleeding
- Altered taste, weakness, tiredness
- High or low blood pressure
- Chest pain, severe allergic reactions like rash, swelling, redness, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Orofer S 20 MG
- There is limited information about the effects of this injection in human pregnancy, especially during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
- This injection passes into human milk. Since the baby may be exposed to medicine, consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of having an allergy to the medicine
- You have an immune system disease called lupus
- You have swelling or pain in your joints
- You have severe asthma or other allergies
- You have any infections
- You have problems with your liver
- This injection is not recommended for children
Mode of Action of Orofer S 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Orofer S 20 MG
- This injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Orofer S 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of iron sucrose along with other iron medicines taken by mouth should be avoided as it may alter the effects of the medicine. You should use iron medicine taken by mouth at least 5-days after the iron injection....
- You should tell your doctor or pharmacist about all the other medicines or herbal products you are using.
Storage and disposal of Orofer S 20 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this injection away from children and pets.
- You should not use this injection after the expiry date.
- This injection should be used immediately after opening.
- Do not use this injection if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
- You should not flush this injection in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Orofer S 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is iron-deficiency or anemia?
Q: What are the food sources of iron?
- Lean meat, seafood and chicken
- Iron-protected breakfast cereals and bread
- White beans, lentils, spinach, kidney beans, and peas
- Nuts and some dried fruits, such as raisins