Orofer S 100mg Injection
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
5ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Orofer S 100 Injection contains iron sucrose, an anti-anaemic medicine used to treat iron-deficiency, also termed as anemia. This medicine should be avoided if you have any allergic reaction to any ot
her iron medicines. Before starting with Orofer injection, inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming. This injection will be given in a hospital or clinic by a nurse or the doctor. Do not self-inject....
Uses of Orofer S 100mg Injection
Orofer S 100 Injection is used to treat iron-deficiency, also termed as anemia, a condition of deficiency of healthy red blood cells.
Contraindications of Orofer S 100mg Injection
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a severe allergic reaction to other iron medicines.
- If you have anemia, which is not caused due to iron-deficiency.
- If you have excessive iron in your body.
- If you have a problem with how your body uses iron.
Side effects of Orofer S 100mg Injection
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation
- Stomach pain, back pain
- Pain in the muscle, limbs, joints
- Injection site pain, swelling, redness, itching
- Injection site bleeding
- Altered taste, weakness, tiredness
- High or low blood pressure
- Chest pain, severe allergic reactions like rash, swelling, redness, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Orofer S 100mg Injection
Can I take Orofer S 100 Injection during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of this injection in human pregnancy, especially during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Orofer S 100 Injection while breastfeeding?
- This injection passes into human milk. Since the baby may be exposed to medicine, consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Orofer S 100 Injection?
This injection may make you dizzy and feel light-headed. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Orofer S 100 Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of this injection on alcohol. Avoid taking alcohol in an excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of having an allergy to the medicine
- You have an immune system disease called lupus
- You have swelling or pain in your joints
- You have severe asthma or other allergies
- You have any infections
- You have problems with your liver
- This injection is not recommended for children
Mode of Action of Orofer S 100mg Injection
How Does It Work?
Iron is important for the development of new red blood cells. Orofer S 100 Injection works by refilling iron stores so that the body can make more red blood cells.
Directions for Use of Orofer S 100mg Injection
- This injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Orofer S 100mg Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of iron sucrose along with other iron medicines taken by mouth should be avoided as it may alter the effects of the medicine. You should use iron medicine taken by mouth at least 5-days after the iron injection....Read more
- You should tell your doctor or pharmacist about all the other medicines or herbal products you are using.
Storage and disposal of Orofer S 100mg Injection
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this injection away from children and pets.
- You should not use this injection after the expiry date.
- This injection should be used immediately after opening.
- Do not use this injection if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
- You should not flush this injection in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Orofer S 100mg Injection
You are less likely to get an overdose of Orofer S 100 Injection as it is given to you by a doctor or nurse in a clinic or hospital. Inform the doctor if you feel any discomfort immediately after the
administration of this injection....
Missed a Dose
The chances of missing a dose of Orofer S 100 Injection are rare, as you will be monitored closely by a healthcare professional. In case they miss a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is iron-deficiency or anemia?
A: Iron-deficiency or anemia can be defined as a lack of sufficient amounts of healthy red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen to the body's tissues, lack of these cells may lead to weakness, pale skin, fatigue, brittle nails, etc.
Q: What are the food sources of iron?
- Lean meat, seafood and chicken
- Iron-protected breakfast cereals and bread
- White beans, lentils, spinach, kidney beans, and peas
- Nuts and some dried fruits, such as raisins
Q: Is Orofer S 100 Injection safe in pregnancy?
A: There is limited information about the effects of this injection in human pregnancy, especially during the first three months of pregnancy. However, this should be taken if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:19 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved