Optichlor Sl Eye Oint 5gm
By ENTOD PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
5g Eye Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Optichlor Sl 1 % Description
Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment is an antibiotic eye drops used to treat bacterial conjunctivitis in adults and children. It contains chloramphenicol as its active medicine. Optichlor Sl should be used ext
ernally only. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye.
|You Save||₹3.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Bacterial eye infections|
|Side effects||Stinging, Burning or transient irritation in the eyes|
Check more medicines with composition as Chloramphenicol(1.0 %)
Uses of Optichlor Sl 1 %
- Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment is used for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis.
Contraindications of Optichlor Sl 1 %
- If you are allergic to chloramphenicol or to any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you or someone in your family ever had a blood disorder or bone marrow disease including anemia when using chloramphenicol in the past.
- If you have a family history of dyscrasias, a condition which can cause tiredness, bruising and an increased risk of infections
Side effects of Optichlor Sl 1 %
- Transient irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Optichlor Sl 1 %
Can I use Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment in human pregnancy. Hence, the use of Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment is not recommended unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or you think you may be pregnant.
Can I use Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effects of Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment while breastfeeding. Hence, the use of Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment is not recommended unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment?
You may experience short-term blurring of vision immediately after use. So driving or operating heavy machinery immediately after use is not recommended.
Can I consume alcohol while using Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment?
No known interactions with alcohol. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have visual disturbances or severe pain in the eye
- Your eye is inflamed and you have a rash on the scalp or face
- Your eye looks cloudy or you are sensitive to light
- Your black or coloured part of the eye looks unusual
- You have a foreign body in the eye
- You have an eye infection that keeps coming back
- You have glaucoma or dry eyes
- You have eye injury or eye surgery
- You are currently using any other eye medications
Mode of Action of Optichlor Sl 1 %
How Does It Work?
Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment slows the growth of bacteria and kills the bacteria. It inhibits the bacterial protein synthesis by binding with ribosomes.
Directions for Use of Optichlor Sl 1 %
- Use Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after instilling.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Optichlor Sl 1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment works or Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, medicines for cancer and medicines for the immune system.
Storage and disposal of Optichlor Sl 1 %
- Store in a refrigerator at a temperature between 2°C and 8°C
- Store away from heat and light. Keep away from children
Dosage of Optichlor Sl 1 %
In case you happen to instil more than the prescribed dose of this medicine, immediately rinse your eyes with clean water. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling this medicine, instill it as soon as possible. Do not overuse this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment if I have had an eye surgery in last six months?
A: Do not use Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment without consulting your opthalmologist if you have had eye surgery in the last six months.
Q: Can I wear my contact lens while using Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment?
A: Use of contact lens is not recommended while using Optichlor Sl Eye Ointment. Consult your opthalmologist for more details on the usage directions.
- Chloramphenicol Eye Drops BP 0.5% W/V - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- Chloramphenicol Eye Drops BP 0.5% W/V - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed