Price to be Updated
Onviz Injection Description
Onviz Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy and radiation therapy. It contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. Onviz Injection works by blocking the ac
tion of a natural chemical called serotonin which may cause nausea or vomiting. Before taking this Onviz Injection you should inform your doctor about any known allergy to similar medicines.
Uses of Onviz Injection
Contraindications of Onviz Injection
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of Onviz Injection .
- If you are taking apomorphine used in people with advanced Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Onviz Injection
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Onviz Injection
Other General Warnings
- You have stomach problems like blockage in your stomach.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, irregular heartbeats or abnormal heart rhythm.
- You have any liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in your blood.
- Children that receive Ondansetron with medicines that are harmful to liver should regularly go for check-up for liver problems.
Mode of Action of Onviz Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Onviz Injection
- Onviz Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an . Do not self-inject.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Onviz Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Onviz Injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medications like amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or diseases.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like doxorubicin, trastuzumab, atenolol or timolol & halofantrine, antibiotic like erythromycin, antifungal like ketoconazole.
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take this medicine along with Apomorphine, hence both these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain like Tramadol may not work properly when taken together with Onviz Injection .
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat the mental state like citalopram, sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin should be used cautiously with Onviz Injection .
Storage and disposal of Onviz Injection
- Store Onviz Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Onviz Injection
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Onviz Injection good for motion sickness?
Q: What is the use of Onviz Injection ?
Q: How does Onviz Injection work?
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- CDSCO - Ondansetron [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]