Ondero 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ondero 5 MG Description
Ondero 5 mg tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood glucose levels. It contains linagliptin as an active ingredient. It works by stimulating insulin release and decreasing the release of glucose in the bloodstream. Diabetes is a critical health condition and if not treated properly can lead to other complications and also affect other organs including the eyes-, kidneys and nerves. Thus it is advised to follow a healthy lifestyle and diet along with taking antidiabetic medicines regularly. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Ondero 5 mg.
Uses of Ondero 5 MG
Contraindications of Ondero 5 MG
Side effects of Ondero 5 MG
- Feeling shaky
- Blurred vision
- Fast heartbeat
- Mood change
- Numbness of lips
- Feeling lightheaded
Precautions and Warnings of Ondero 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your body does not produce any insulin (type 1 diabetes) or diabetic ketoacidosis (a complication of diabetes with high blood sugar, rapid weight loss, nausea or vomiting).
- You are taking other antidiabetics such as glimepiride, and glipizide, your doctor reduces your medicine dose to avoid your blood glucose going too low.
- You had an allergy due to the use of antidiabetic medicines or have or ever had a disease of the pancreas.
- You experience blistering of the skin, it may be a sign of a condition called bullous pemphigoid.
- Diabetic skin lesions are a common complication of diabetes, follow recommendations for skin and foot care suggested by your doctor or nurse.
Directions for Use of Ondero 5 MG
- Ondero 5 mg tablet should be consumed in the correct dose and for the exact duration as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Ondero 5 MG
Quick Tips of Ondero 5 MG
- Ondero 5 mg tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. It is used for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
- You can make some lifestyle changes while taking this medication to improve your health, such as giving up smoking, consuming less alcohol, exercising regularly and adhering to a healthy, balanced diet....
- Talk to your doctor if you have conditions like heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack, etc.
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Dosage of Ondero 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Ondero 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Ondero 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines such as Carbamazepine, phenobarbital or phenytoin use control fits (seizures) and an antibiotic Rifampicin used for tuberculosis infection should be avoided.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ondero 5 mg tablet contains metformin?
Q: Can Ondero 5 mg tablet be crushed?
Q: What happens if I take Ondero 5 mg tablet with other antidiabetic medicines?
Q: What is the use of the Ondero tablet?
Q: When should Ondero be taken?
Q: What is the composition of Ondero 5mg?
Q: Can Ondero 5mg be taken twice a day?
Q: What are the side effects of Ondero 5mg?
- Trajenta 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- CDSCO - Linagliptin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Glucose) | ADA [Internet]. Diabetes.org. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Trajenta 5 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]