Omecip D Capsule
By CIPLA GX
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omecip-D Capsule contains Pantoprazole (Proton Pump inhibitor) and Domperidone (Anti-emetic agent) as its active ingredients. It is used for the treatment of acid reflux disease or GERD (Gastroesophag
eal reflux disease). For an individual suffering from GERD, the acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe along with the contents of the stomach and causes heartburn, chest pain, burning, pain and regurgitation of food or sour liquid. Pantoprazole present in Omecip-D Capsule reduces the acid secretion in the stomach and Domperidone prevents the outflow of contents of the stomach to the food pipe. This capsule should not be used by people suffering from liver disease or liver dysfunction. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed....
Uses of Omecip D Capsule
- Omecip-D Capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to pantoprazole alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity....Read more
Contraindications of Omecip D Capsule
- If you are allergic to Omeprazole and Domperidone, any of the ingredients of Omecip-D Capsule.
- If you have low magnesium levels in your blood.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeds or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have problems related to bones like osteoporosis and had a fracture.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
Side effects of Omecip D Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Lack of sleep
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Omecip D Capsule
Can I take Omecip-D Capsule during pregnancy?
- Omecip-D Capsule should not be used during pregnancy as its components may cause harm to your unborn baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Omecip-D Capsule while breastfeeding?
- Components of Omecip-D Capsule passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect the breastfed baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits and need, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Omecip D Capsule?
If you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Omecip D Capsule?
No interaction between alcohol and Omecip-D Capsule has been reported. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis or are taking steroids.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking Omecip-D Capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You develop skin lesions after taking this medicine.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
Mode of Action of Omecip D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Omecip D Capsule
Omecip-D Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably in the morning before food. It would b
e best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Omecip D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Omeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two comp
onents when taken alone may occur with this combination. Avoid using this medicine if you are taking Clopidogrel. Avoid using it with medicines used to treat HIV like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir. Antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole should be avoided when taking this medicine. If you are taking medicines like Methotrexate, Tacrolimus then levels of these can increase, causing side effects. Do not take an antibiotic called Erythromycin if you are taking this medicine. Medicine used to treat heart failure like Digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine. Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin. Medicine used to stop blood from clotting like Warfarin....
Interactions with food items
To be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay u
lcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Omecip D Capsule
- Store this medicine below 25°C, protected from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Omecip D Capsule
- Overdose can result in confusion, dizziness, nausea or headache.
- In case of an overdose, visit your nearest hospital or contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any danger of taking Omecip-D Capsule for too long?
- Yes, taking any medicine for too long or in too much quantity has its side effects.
- Omecip-D Capsule should only be taken for the duration as prescribed by your doctor, do not self medicate yourself.
- In long term use, this medicine is known to cause low levels of magnesium, increased fracture risk and vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Your doctor may monitor you for these when on long term treatment.
Q: Do smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
A: Yes, both cause an increase in acidity. Smoking also relaxes a valve present between the food pipe and stomach. This leads to stomach acid coming back upwards in the food pipe. This worsens reflux/ GERD disorders.
Q: How does Omecip-D Capsule work?
A: Omecip-D Capsule contains Omeprazole which reduces gastric acid secretion and Domperidone which reduces nausea and reflux of gastric acid into the food pipe.
Q: Can Omecip-D Capsule be used as an antacid?
A: It is better to use a medicine containing only Omeprazole to control acidity. If the symptoms of acidity like upper abdominal burning persist after the use of Omeprazole, then you can use Omecip-D.
Q: Can Omecip-D Capsule be used in children for acidity?
A: No, this medicine is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Q: Does Omecip-D Capsule help in stomach pain?
A: Stomach ache can be due to various reasons. Omecip-D Capsule can provide some relief from stomach ache if it is associated with stomach or intestinal ulcer or due to acidity.
Q: Should Omecip-D Capsule be taken before or after food?
A: Omecip-D Capsule should be taken on an empty stomach, preferably in the morning.
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved