Omecip D Capsule
Omecip D Capsule Description
Omecip-D Capsule contains Pantoprazole (Proton Pump inhibitor) and Domperidone (Anti-emetic agent) as its active ingredients. It is used for the treatment of acid reflux disease or GERD (Gastroesopha
eal reflux disease). For an individual suffering from GERD, the acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe along with the contents of the stomach and causes heartburn, chest pain, burning, pain and regurgitation of food or sour liquid. Pantoprazole present in Omecip-D Capsule reduces the acid secretion in the stomach and Domperidone prevents the outflow of contents of the stomach to the food pipe. This capsule should not be used by people suffering from liver disease or liver dysfunction. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed.
Uses of Omecip D Capsule
- Omecip-D Capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to pantoprazole alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity....
Contraindications of Omecip D Capsule
- If you are allergic to Omeprazole and Domperidone, any of the ingredients of Omecip-D Capsule.
- If you have low magnesium levels in your blood.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeds or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have problems related to bones like osteoporosis and had a fracture.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
Side effects of Omecip D Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Lack of sleep
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Omecip D Capsule
- Omecip-D Capsule should not be used during pregnancy as its components may cause harm to your unborn baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- Components of Omecip-D Capsule passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect the breastfed baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits and need, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis or are taking steroids.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking Omecip-D Capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You develop skin lesions after taking this medicine.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
Mode of Action of Omecip D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Omecip D Capsule
Interactions of Omecip D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Omecip D Capsule
- Store this medicine below 25°C, protected from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Omecip D Capsule
- Overdose can result in confusion, dizziness, nausea or headache.
- In case of an overdose, visit your nearest hospital or contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any danger of taking Omecip-D Capsule for too long?
- Yes, taking any medicine for too long or in too much quantity has its side effects.
- Omecip-D Capsule should only be taken for the duration as prescribed by your doctor, do not self medicate yourself.
- In long term use, this medicine is known to cause low levels of magnesium, increased fracture risk and vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Your doctor may monitor you for these when on long term treatment.