Oflox 200mg Inf
By CIPLA LIMITED
100ml Infusion in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oflox Infusion is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of certain bacterial infections like infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin. I
t is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold, etc. It will be administered in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history, before starting the medicine....
Uses of Oflox 200mg Inf
Oflox Infusion is used in the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Oflox 200mg Inf
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin or other ingredients of Oflox Infusion.
- If you have a history of fits.
- Having problems related to a tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to conceive or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- You may have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Oflox 200mg Inf
- Injection site reaction like pain, swelling and redness.
- Swelling of veins (phlebitis).
Precautions and Warnings of Oflox 200mg Inf
Can I take Oflox Infusion during pregnancy?
Avoid the medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Oflox Infusion while breastfeeding?
Oflox Infusion can pass into human breast milk and can harm the baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking the medicine.
Can I drive if I have taken Oflox Infusion?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances after taking the injection. Avoid driving if feel unwell or unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Oflox Infusion?
Avoid alcohol while taking the medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints, muscle weakness, joint pain, nerve-related problems, confusion, lack of sleep, anxiety, fits, etc. during the treatment.
- You may experience allergic reaction like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, other infection after taking Oflox Infusion.
- You may experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may have a pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver-related problems, diabetes, or kind of heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm, brain-related disorder, etc.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen during the treatment.
- If you suffer from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose occurs, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- It is advised to keep yourself well hydrated during the treatment.
- Keep a regular check on liver or kidney function during prolonged treatment.
Mode of Action of Oflox 200mg Inf
How Does It Work?
The medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Oflox 200mg Inf
- The injection will be given in the hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject the medicine.
Interactions of Oflox 200mg Inf
Interactions with other medicines
- Oflox Infusion may interact with other medicines, discuss with the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout or arthritis, antibiotics, antidepressants, antacids, painkillers, medicines for breathing-related problems like theophylline, antidiabetic medicines etc....Read more
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are oral anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like ibuprofen, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine, anti-cancer medicines like methotrexate etc....Read more
- Also, you should inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Oflox 200mg Inf
- Store Oflox Infusion at room temperature. Do not freeze it.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Dosage of Oflox 200mg Inf
The injection will be given by the doctor or nurse, therefore it is less likely to give you more or less of the medicine. However, symptoms may include confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousnes
s, fits, nausea....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you. Thus a dose will not be missed. However, if you think the doctor or nurse might have missed a dose inform them
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I remember while taking Oflox Infusion?
- If you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea during the treatment, inform the doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform the doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to sun or other allergic reactions.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 22 Aug 2021 | 10:55 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved