Oflomac 400mg Tablet
Oflomac 400 MG Description
Oflomac Tablet is an antibiotic used in certain bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin as its active ingredient.
It is not to be used in viral infections like flu,cold etc. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration. Not completing the course of antibiotics or missing any dose of antibiotics can result in failure of therapy. You should also tell your doctor about the medicines, herbs, supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you are suffering from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Oflomac 400 MG
Contraindications of Oflomac 400 MG
Side effects of Oflomac 400 MG
- Stomach pain
- Sleeping disorder
- Itchy skin
Precautions and Warnings of Oflomac 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints, tendons, muscle weakness, joint pain, nerve related problems, confusion, lack of sleep, anxiety etc. during the treatment.
- You experience any allergic reaction like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection after taking Oflomac Tablet.
- Your age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver related problems, diabetes, or any kind of heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm etc.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen during the treatment.
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- It is advised to keep yourself well hydrated during the treatment.
- Keep a regular check on liver or kidney function during prolonged treatment.
Mode of Action of Oflomac 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Oflomac 400 MG
- Take this medicine as per the directions of the doctor.
- Swallow the whole medicine with a glass of water.
Interactions of Oflomac 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Oflomac Tablet, if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout or arthritis, antacids, painkillers, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, medicines for breathing-related problems like theophylline, antidiabetic medicines etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are oral anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like ibuprofen, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine etc.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate used to reduce stomach acid should be taken with a minimum gap of one hour with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Oflomac 400 MG
- Store Oflomac Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Oflomac 400 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Oflomac Tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of Oflomac Tablet, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccuring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.