Ocifril 25mg Tablet
Ocifril 25 MG Description
Ocifril Tablet, a tricyclic antidepressant, treats depression. It also cures obsessive-compulsive disorder in grownups, muscle weakness, and narcolepsy. In addition, Ocifril Tablet stabilises and imp
roves mood by boosting the quantities of signalling molecules in the brain. Because Ocifril Tablet might make you tired, it's necessary to take it before night. Even if you feel better, do not miss doses or stop taking them; complete the whole course of Ocifril Tablet therapy. Indigestion, lack of appetite, vomiting, and constipation are the most typical adverse effects of this medicine. Normally the typical side effects are minimal and only last a short time. However, suppose side effects worry you or can not go away, your specialist will advise solutions to prevent or reduce them. It is critical to inform your specialist if you are now receiving or have taken any other medications for different or similar disorders. Also, Ocifril Tablet is not addictive, but you may suffer extra adverse effects if you quit taking it rapidly. Finally, you should see a general practitioner if you observe a sudden shift in your mood or have suicidal or self-harming thoughts.
|You Save||₹9.29 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, narcolepsy, or uncontrollable daytime sleepiness|
|Side effects||Ejaculation disorder, altered libido, difficulty in urination, impotence, indigestion, increased appetite, loss of appetite, weight gain, drowsiness, nervousness|
Uses of Ocifril 25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Ocifril Tablet treats
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder,
- Uncontrollable daytime sleepiness.
Contraindications of Ocifril 25 MG
- If you are allergic to any ingredients of Ocifril Tablet.
- If you have MAOI or monoamine oxidase inhibitors 14 days before Ocifril Tablet consumption.
Side effects of Ocifril 25 MG
- Ejaculation disorder
- Altered libido
- Difficulty in urination
- Increased or loss of appetite
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Ocifril 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience abrupt mood swings or suicidal thoughts.
- You need four to six weeks for Ocifril Tablet to start functioning. After that, please continue to take it as instructed.
- You shall feel sleepy while using Ocifril Tablet. Take it before night and wait to see how it affects you before doing anything else that requires attention.
- You should watch your body weight because Ocifril Tablet might induce weight gain and increase hunger.
Mode of Action of Ocifril 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ocifril 25 MG
- Consume Ocifril Tablet orally. Ocifril Tablet is generally given once a day at night after many weeks of treatment.
- Read the label instructions carefully, and if there is anything you don't grasp, ask your healthcare provider or physician to describe it to you.
- Take Ocifril Tablet as per your doctor's advice. Do not consume just a little of it, or finish it more frequently than your doctor has allowed.
- Your specialist may begin by prescribing a smaller dose of Ocifril Tablet and steadily increase it.
- You might not always feel the full effect of Ocifril Tablet for many weeks or more.
- You could have withdrawal symptoms, including tiredness, sleep difficulties, fever, and restlessness if you suddenly stop using Ocifril Tablet.
Interactions of Ocifril 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ocifril Tablet might interact with the following medications and cause several side effects, including altered libido, difficulty in urination, or impotence. The medications are
- Antibiotic such as Pentamidine, Rifampicin
- Opioid pain killers like Codeine, Buprenorphine, Morphine
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin
- Antidepressants such as Amitriptyline, Sertraline, Maprotiline, Fluvoxamine, Venlafaxine
- Anticonvulsants like Phenobarbital, Valproate, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine
- Painkillers including Aspirin
- Antacids like Cimetidine
Interactions with food items
- There is no severe interaction between Ocifril Tablet and food. However, avoid caffeine, packaged or processed food, grapefruit while consuming Ocifril Tablet. Seek medical assistance before having the tablets....
Storage and disposal of Ocifril 25 MG
Dosage of Ocifril 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine