O Stat 120mg Capsule
O Stat 120 MG Description
O-Stat 120 capsule is an anti-obesity medication. It contains orlistat as the active substance. O-Stat 120 capsule is used in the treatment of obesity along with a low-calorie diet. It works by acting on your digestive system and preventing the digestion of about one-third of the fat from the food eaten. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting O-Stat 120 capsule, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
Uses of O Stat 120 MG
Contraindications of O Stat 120 MG
- If you are allergic to orlistat or to any of the other ingredients of O-Stat 120 capsule.
- If you have a condition of insufficient absorption of nutrients from your food.
- If you have a liver disorder called cholestasis.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of O Stat 120 MG
- Abdominal pain/discomfort
- Flatulence (gas)
- Frequent bowel movements
Precautions and Warnings of O Stat 120 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are taking any other medicines for treating other health conditions like high cholesterol or diabetes.
- You have a kidney disorder.
- You take oral contraceptives as a method of birth control.
Directions for Use of O Stat 120 MG
- Take O-Stat 120 capsule as a whole with sufficient water.
- You can take it immediately before, during a meal or up to one hour after a meal.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Storage and disposal of O Stat 120 MG
- Store O-Stat 120 capsule below 25 °C in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of O Stat 120 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of O-Stat 120 capsule, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of O Stat 120 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of O Stat 120 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way O-Stat 120 capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines like warfarin (used to prevent blood clots), iodine salts and/or levothyroxine (used to treat thyroid disorders), amiodarone (used to treat irregular/abnormal heartbeat), medicines used to treat HIV/AIDS and medicines used to treat depression, psychiatric disorders or anxiety....
- The use of O-Stat 120 capsule with cyclosporine (used to prevent organ rejection after a transplant) is not recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is O-Stat 120 used for?
Q: What type of diet should I take along with O-Stat 120?
- Along with O-Stat 120 capsule, you should eat a well-balanced, calorie-controlled diet that is rich in fruit and vegetables, with fat accounting for about 30% of the total calories.
- Your daily intake of fat, carbohydrate and protein should be spread out over three meals.
- Avoid eating food containing fat between meals, such as biscuits, chocolates and savoury snacks.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Xenical 120mg hard capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Xenical 120mg hard capsules - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]