Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
By KARNATAKA ANTIBIOTICS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD(KAPL)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Numol Mr 8mg Tablet Description
Numol Mr 8mg Tab contains a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
|₹33.25 (14% on MRP)
|Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg) + Thiocolchicoside(8.0 Mg)
Check more medicines with composition as Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg) + Thiocolchicoside(8.0 Mg)
Uses of Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
It is used to treat the pain caused by muscle spasms.
Contraindications of Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Aceclofenac, Thiocolchicoside or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of serious allergies like asthma, skin rashes, swelling, etc. in response to painkillers
- If you have or had stomach bleeding problems due to painkillers
- If you have kidney and liver failure
- If you have heart problems or heart failure
- If you are losing blood or have bleeding disorders
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you are a woman of childbearing age and not using contraception
- This medicine may impair your fertility thus should not be used by women trying to conceive
Side effects of Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Stomach bleeds
- Mouth ulcer
- Skin allergies
Precautions and Warnings of Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
Can I take Numol Mr 8mg Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used for pregnant women as it can lead to malformations, congenital disabilities, kidney and heart problems in the growing baby. It can also delay the labour and cause bleeding defects in pregnant women. Consult your doctor for further information on the use of this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Numol Mr 8mg Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk. Thus, breastfeeding is not recommended when you are taking this medicine. It can harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Numol Mr 8mg Tab?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking this medicine. It is advised not to drive if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Numol Mr 8mg Tab?
It would be best if you avoid the intake of alcohol. It may affect your brain and you may feel dizzy, difficulty in breathing, slow heart rate and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are suffering from lung disorders like asthma, this medicine can worsen it
- If you have heart and associated problems like heart failure, low blood pressure and bleeding in the brain
- If you have a kidney and liver function problem
- If you are suffering from cardiovascular disorders like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- If you have stomach ulcers and bleeding problem
- If you have SLE
- If you have serious allergy problems and skin-related allergic reaction
- If you are trying to conceive a baby, this medicine should not be used in such cases
- If you have a history of any kind of blood disorder like anaemia
- If you are supposed to take this medicine for a prolonged time, it can affect liver and kidney functions
- If you have diarrhoea after taking this medicine, you should stop this medicine immediately
- If you experience fits or are prone to get fits
Mode of Action of Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain and swelling. It relaxes muscle spasms and helps in alleviating muscle stiffness.
Directions for Use of Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water preferably with or after meals.
Interactions of Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside. Thus any interaction associated with any one of these can happen with this combination
- Increased risk of stomach bleeding, if you take other pain killers, steroids, antidepressants like Fluoxetine or Clopidogrel along with this medicine
- This medicine interferes with the way medicines for high blood pressure works like Enalapril, Captopril and water pill
- Concomitant use of Cyclosporine and Tacrolimus (used in organ transplant) can lead to serious kidney damage
- There is an increased risk of bleeding if this medicine is taken along with other medicines like Warfarin
- You may experience fluctuations in blood sugar if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines like Glimepiride or Metformin
- Do not take Numol Mr 8mg Tab, if you have taken Mifepristone lately (within 2 weeks)
- This medicine can worsen the heart failure problem if taken with medicine for heart failure like Digoxin
- You may experience fits if you are taking antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Norfloxacin and Ofloxacin
- Other medicines like Lithium, Methotrexate and Zidovudine
- Medicines used to treat anxiety and pain like Clonazepam, Zolpidem and Alprazolam
Storage and disposal of Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
- Store below 30°C protected from moisture
Dosage of Numol Mr 8mg Tablet
- An overdose of this medicine may lead to serious kidney and liver problems
- Symptoms of overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and discomfort, stomach bleeding, mental disturbances, excitation, coma, drowsiness, dizziness, ringing sound in ears, low blood pressure, breathing problems, fainting and sometimes fits...
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Being a diabetic, do I need to take any precautions before taking this medicine?
A: Yes, you may experience an episode of low blood glucose. If you experience headaches, irritability, sweating, hunger pangs, increased heart beats and dizziness, immediately consume juice or sugar. Inform the same to your doctor as you may require a change in dose of diabetes medicine.
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with this medicine?
A: No, it is not safe. You should consult a doctor because concomitant use of painkillers can cause side effects.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Yoga Asanas for Hair Growth: A Comprehensive Research-Based Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction The world is now acknowledging the importance of hair health, and people are actively seeking ways to ensure that they have strong and shiny locks. Yoga, an ancient discipline with numerous potential physical and mental health benefits, has lately gained popularity as a means to promote hair growth and reduce hair loss.
Yoga for Constipation: Effective Poses for Digestive Relief
Key Highlights: Introduction Good digestive health is key to a happy life. Constipation, a very common gut problem, can be a pain and mess with your daily tasks. Among many approaches to relieve, yoga is a natural way that may ease constipation. In this article, we will look into how yoga may help with your
Low Platelet Count: Understanding Causes and Tips for Improving Platelet Levels
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets play a crucial role in blood clotting, and having inadequate platelet counts can affect our well-being. Their number can decrease due to many factors. This situation is medically known as thrombocytopenia, that is, low platelet count. In this article, we delve into the production, functions, and health issues associated with platelets.
Low RBC Count: A Comprehensive Guide to Causes and Remedies
Key Highlights: Introduction Every part of our body needs red blood cells (RBCs). As they bring oxygen from the lungs to all cells, they make sure we work well and feel good. Anaemia or low RBC count occurs when our body doesn’t make enough RBCs, or it gets rid of them too quickly. In this
High MCH: Understanding Its Implications and Causes Based on Research
Key Highlights: Introduction Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin (MCH) plays a vital role in determining the overall health of your body. A high MCH level can indicate various medical conditions that demand prompt attention. It’s crucial to understand the implications and causes of high MCH based on research to ensure proper diagnosis and management. In this article,
Can CBC Test Detect Cancer? Unveiling the Potential of Blood Tests
Key Highlights: Introduction Cancer comes in all shapes and sizes. It includes various types, stages, and origins. Detecting cancer early and finding out what type of cancer it is key for good management plan with a good outcome. A Complete Blood Count (CBC) test is often done by doctors to check up on their patients’
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.