Nuforce 50mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Nuforce 50mg Tab is an antifungal medicine that is used to treat fungi and yeast infections.
Uses of Nuforce 50mg Tab
- Prevention of fungal infection in preterm babies
- Prevention of fungal infection in organ transplant recipients
- Cutaneous and systemic fungal infections
- Weak immune system (conditions like AIDS)
Contraindications of Nuforce 50mg Tab
- Allergic to fluconazole or other similar medicines
- Irregular heartbeat
- Heart disorders
- Liver disorders
Side effects of Nuforce 50mg Tab
- Common side effects of Nuforce 50mg Tab include headache, vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, muscle pain, Increased liver enzymes , liver damage, fatigue, loss of appetite, vomiting, yellowing of skin
- Serious side effects may includerhythm defects in heart and seizures
Precautions and Warnings of Nuforce 50mg Tab
Can I take Nuforce 50mg Tab during pregnancy?
Do not use this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning to get pregnant as it is unsafe for the unborn baby and may increase chances of miscarriage as well.
Can I take Nuforce 50mg Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into the breastmilk in small quantities. However, it can be used while breastfeeding only if advised by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Nuforce 50mg Tab?
Intake of Fluconazole may cause dizziness or fits. If you experience such side effects, avoid driving or operating tools and machines
Can I consume alcohol with Nuforce 50mg Tab?
This medicine is not known to have any interaction with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- It is advisable not to suggest this medication to anyone even if their symptoms are similar
- This medicine is for medically prescribed use only
- The course of this medicine should not be started, altered or stopped by yourself
- Be careful while administering this medicine to children and infants
- Visit your doctor once the course of this medicine is completed
Mode of Action of Nuforce 50mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Nuforce 50mg Tab inhibits the enzyme responsible for the formation of cell membrane of the fungus. This leads to the stoppage of growth or formation of complete cell membrane, thereby resulting in the death of the fungi.
Directions for Use of Nuforce 50mg Tab
- The dosage of Nuforce 50mg Tab should be taken as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not overdose yourself with this medicine
- This medicine is for oral use only
- Swallow the tablet whole with water
- Do not chew, crush or break the tablet
Interactions of Nuforce 50mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
Interactions with food items
Nuforce 50mg Tab is not known to have any interactions with food. However, take the medicine with food as it causes heartburn if taken on an empty stomach.
Other general Interactions
- Irregular heartbeat
- Heart disorders
- Liver disorders
Storage and disposal of Nuforce 50mg Tab
- Store this medication away from the reach of children
- Kindly avoid using this medicine beyond the date of expiry
- This medicine needs to be stored in a closed container
- Keep this medicine in a cool and dry place
- There are no special storage conditions required for this medicine
- Kindly follow medical waste management instructions when disposing this medicine
Dosage of Nuforce 50mg Tab
Do not take an overdose of the medicine as it may result in irregular heartbeat, fits, headache, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting, In case these symptoms occur, seek immediate medical help.
Missed a Dose
This medicine is prescribed for a set course of regular intake. In case of a missed dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the upcoming scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and take the following dose. Do not take a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before using this medicine?
A: It is advisable to inform your doctor about your complete medical history, sexual life and any contraception methods being used. Also inform about the use of any or all prescription, non-prescription and herbal medications or supplements.
Q: How many times a day should I take this medicine?
A: You should consult your doctor for the appropriate frequency of intake of this medicine.
Q: Does this medicine cause heartburn?
A: Heartburn may be caused by the intake of this medicine on an empty stomach.
Q: When should I stop using this medicine?
A: This medicine should be stopped only at the completion of the course. Follow up with your doctor who will determine if you should stop or continue the course.
- TOXNET - Toxicology Data Network. Fluconazole
- Kaplan Y C, et al. Fluconazole use during breastfeeding. 2015.
- FDA Drug Safety Communication. Use of long-term, high-dose Diflucan (fluconazole) during pregnancy may be associated with birth defects in infants.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. AZOCAN-P (Fluconazole 150mg).
Other Variants for
Nuforce 50mg Tab
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved