Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Nucoxia P Tablet contains etoricoxib and paracetamol. Nucoxia P is used for pain relief, especially in joint and muscle pain. Nucoxia P Tablet works by reducing the level of prostaglandins and thus relieves pain and inflammation. You should not use this medicine if you have stomach ulcers as it can worsen them.
Uses of Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
For short term treatment of painful conditions.
Contraindications of Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to etoricoxib, paracetamol or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you have stomach ulcers or stomach bleeding problems
- If you are taking other medicines to reduce pain or inflammation as you may experience allergic reactions like runny nose, throat congestion, skin allergies, etc.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have liver or kidney problems
- This medicine is not meant to be used in children and adolescents under 16 years of age
- If you have a bowel disorder
- If you have high blood pressure or diagnosed with heart failure problem or have any heart-related problem
Side effects of Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Nucoxia P Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Also, the components of this medicine are known to be unsafe during pregnancy. Hence, this medicine should be avoided during pregnancy.
Can I take Nucoxia P Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of Nucoxia P Tablet in breastfeeding women. Hence, this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nucoxia P Tablet?
If you observe or experience any side effects like dizziness, headache and sleepiness while taking this medicine, it is advised not to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Nucoxia P Tablet?
Moderate consumption of alcohol when you are taking Nucoxia P is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems due to the presence of paracetamol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have stomach problems like ulcers, bleeding and perforation
- You have experienced blood in vomit or black coloured stools, immediately inform your doctor
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage
- You are an alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
- You have heart-related problems, high blood pressure or oedema
- You have diabetes and you are an active smoker
- You are pregnant or planning for pregnancy or breastfeeding
Mode of Action of Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Etoricoxib helps in easing the inflammation and pain by interfering with the production of certain chemicals in the body such as prostaglandins which are pain mediator and responsible for swelling and pain.read less
- Paracetamol works by interfering with the production of prostaglandins which is responsible for fever, swelling and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nucoxia P Tablet is taken orally and can be taken with or without food
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water
Interactions of Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Nucoxia P Tablet with other drugs. However, as Nucoxia P Tablet contains Etoricoxib and Paracetamol, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like Metoclopramide or Domperidone and antibiotics like Chloramphenicol should not be used as it can lead to an increase in side effects.
- Medicines used like Warfarin if taken along may lead to increased risk of bleeding, caution is needed.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like Cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours.
- Oral contraceptives should be taken with a minimum gap of 12 hours.
- Medicines used to modify immune response like Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus if taken along can lead to kidney toxicity.
- Water pills, blood pressure medicines and pain killers should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
Keep out of the reach of children. Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Dosage of Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of Nucoxia P tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. As this medicine contains paracetamol, taking too much of this can lead to liver problems.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Nucoxia P Tablet to my 5-year-old daughter?
A: This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents under 16 years of age.
Q: Can I use Nucoxia P Tablet during stomach pain and gastritis?
A: This medicine is known to cause abdominal pain, gastritis, heartburn/acid reflux and it can aggravate stomach pain and gastritis. Hence, do not use during these conditions.
Q: How long do I need to use Nucoxia P tablet?
A: Use Nucoxia P as prescribed by your doctor and do not stop taking this on your own. Prolonged use should be avoided unless under medical supervision.
Q: Can I use Nucoxia P for joint pain?
A: Yes, it can be used for joint pain and other painful conditions of joints and muscles like arthritis, if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: I have kidney function problem, can I take Nucoxia P?
A: You should not take this medicine if you have kidney function problem as pain-relieving medicines can reduce the blood flow to kidneys which can be harmful to patients with kidney problem and prolonged use of this medicine can also affect the healthy kidneys.
Q: Is it safe to use Nucoxia P if I have liver function problems?
A: You should avoid taking this medicine if you have any liver problem as it contains paracetamol and which can worsen the liver problems.
Q: Are there any side effects of taking Nucoxia P tablet?
A: Yes, most of the medicines along with the desirable effects, sometimes gives a few side effects. In case of this medicine, the most common side effects are stomach discomfort, vomiting, diarrhoea and dizziness.
Q: How does Nucoxia P work?
A: It works by inhibiting or blocking the production of chemical substances produced in the body that causes pain and inflammation.
Other Variants for
Nucoxia P Strip Of 10 Tablets
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:54 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved