Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
Price to be Updated
Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension Description
Notel Plus Suspension is an anti-worm (antihelminthics) medicine. It is used for the treatment of infection caused by worms and expel worms from the body. Notel Plus Suspension is a combination of al
bendazole and ivermectin as its active ingredients. It is used for the treatment of intestinl worm infection and suppression of worms that causes filariasis. The combination acts as a deworming agent by killing the worm and eliminating it from the body. Worm infection spread via contact of contaminated soil, food and feces of infected person. Hence to prevent the spread of worm infection avoid contact with soil that may be contaminated with human feces, wash your hands before handling food, clean the raw vegetables and fruits properly before eating and help your children understand the importance of washing hands and other hygeine habits
Uses of Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
- Notel Plus Suspension is used for the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of body parts especially legs.
Contraindications of Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
- If you are allergic to albendazole, ivermectin or other ingredients of Notel Plus Suspension.
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to albendazole like omeprazole, mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
Precautions and Warnings of Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
Other General Warnings
- You develop rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction of skin, dark patches on skin and swelling.
- You experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears
- You have a liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- You are a woman of childbearing potential, you should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared.
- Blood cell count should be performed after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on.
Mode of Action of Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
- Albendazole stops the uptake of glucose by a parasite that causes energy deficit and death of the parasite.
- Ivermectin acts by increasing the permeability of the outer cell membrane of the parasite, the outer membrane which affects the muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite. ...
- Albendazole and ivermectin when combined lead to better elimination of parasites.
Directions for Use of Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
- Take Notel Plus Suspension as instructed by the doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Notel Plus Suspension works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for asthma, antacids and blood thinning medicines
Storage and disposal of Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
- Store Notel Plus Suspension at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Notel Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Notel Plus Suspension during pregnancy?
Q: Can I stop taking Notel Plus Suspension before the prescribed period?
Q: How can we prevent worm infection?
- Wash your hands with soap before eating or preparing food, and after touching soil or using the toilet.
- Wash garden-grown fruit and vegetables thouroughly before consumption.
- Drink safe drinking water (bottled or boiled water) in particular when in area where there no sewage disposal system.
- Deworm your pets regularly and dispose their fecal matter as soon as possible.
- Avoid walking bare foot in soil that may be contaminated with fecal matter.