Nortas Cr 15mg Tablet
Nortas Cr 15 MG Description
Nortas Cr Tablet is a hormonal medicine containing norethisterone as its active ingredient. It is used to treat menstrual and gynaecological problems mainly due to hormonal imbalance. It is a synthet
ic form of a female sex hormone, progesterone. It works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor and for the duration specified. You should not take this medicine if you are pregnant, suffering from jaundice or any liver disorders and have disorders related to blood clot formation. You can take this medicine with or without food, but take it at the same time every day for better results.
Uses of Nortas Cr 15 MG
Contraindications of Nortas Cr 15 MG
- If you are allergic to norethisterone or any of the ingredients of Nortas Cr Tablet.
- If you have a history of jaundice or skin allergies such as pruritus during pregnancy.
- If you have disorders of lipid metabolism or abnormal cholesterol levels.
- If you often experience vaginal bleeding and it is not being diagnosed yet.
- If you have a history of breast or vaginal cancer.
- If you have active or have a history of liver-related diseases such as jaundice.
- If you have a history of heart disorders like chest pain(angina), heart attack or stroke.
- If you have blood clotting disorders such as thrombophlebitis and thromboembolism.
Side effects of Nortas Cr 15 MG
- Feeling low
- Irregular menses
- Breast discomforts
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Change in weight
Precautions and Warnings of Nortas Cr 15 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience migraines, headaches, mood changes or feel low.
- You experience sudden vision impairment, inform your doctor immediately.
- You are an older person or have a habit of smoking and high cholesterol.
- You have any heart disease, disease related to blood vessels or high blood pressure.
- You may develop a risk of a cancerous or non-cancerous liver tumour on long term use of this medicine.
- You have a history of gallstones, liver disease, kidney disease, impaired sugar tolerance or asthma.
- You develop a migraine, headache, rise in blood pressure or jaundice, a doctor should stop this medicine immediately.
- You are going to have surgery, the doctor should discontinue the medicine at least four weeks before to avoid unwanted risks.
- You need to be kept under observation during the treatment to check the possibility of the formation of a clot in blood vessels.
- You are suffering from muscle twitch (tetany) or diabetes.
- You have a history of porphyria (a rare inherited blood disease) and otosclerosis (an inherited form of deafness that sometimes gets worse during pregnancy).
- You have a history of varicose veins (enlarged veins and most commonly appearing in the legs and feet).
- You have a history of a disease in which the immune system eats away the protective covering of nerves (multiple sclerosis).
Mode of Action of Nortas Cr 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nortas Cr 15 MG
- Nortas Cr Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Nortas Cr 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nortas Cr Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking antibiotics, sedatives and medicines to treat seizures and fits.
- Nortas Cr Tablet should not be taken along with medicines containing steroids such as Prednisone, Prednisolone and Cloprednol as there can be serious interactions.
- Nortas Cr Tablet should not be taken along with a herbal preparation and St John’s wort used for psychiatric disorders as it can reduce the effect of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Nortas Cr 15 MG
- Store Nortas Cr Tablet below 25°C, protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Nortas Cr 15 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Nortas Cr Tablet to postpone my period?
Q: Can Nortas Cr Tablet be used as a contraceptive?
Q: How does Nortas Cr Tablet work?
Q: Can Nortas Cr Tablet cause weight loss?
Q: Can I take Nortas Cr Tablet twice a day?
Q: When to take Nortas Cr Tablet - before a meal or after a meal?
Q: Can I get pregnant while on Nortas Cr Tablet?
- CDSCO - Norethisterone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Noriday Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Norethisterone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Noriday Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]