By ALKA PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nohive Tablet is an anti-allergic medication and is used to treat symptoms associated with allergies such as itching, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, rashes, and pale red bumps. It contains cetirizine as its active ingredient. Take as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Side effects of the medicine are drowsiness, headache, weakness, and dry mouth. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact the doctor immediately. Nohive Tablet should be used with caution in children and it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine in pregnant and lactating women....
Uses of Nohive Tab
Nohive Tablet is used to treat allergies associated with airways (allergic rhinitis) and Skin (urticaria).
Contraindications of Nohive Tab
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or Piperazine derivatives or other ingredients of Nohive Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Nohive Tab
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Nohive Tab
Can I take Nohive Tablet during pregnancy?
Nohive Tablet should be avoided by pregnant women, as there is limited information available on the safety of the medicine in pregnant women. Hence, avoid it in pregnancy unless considered prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Nohive Tablet while breastfeeding?
Nohive Tablet passes into breastmilk. Therefore, it is advised not to take the medicine while breastfeeding unless the doctor has prescribed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nohive Tablet?
Nohive Tablet is known to cause sleepiness. Hence, driving or operating machine should be avoided.
Can I consume alcohol with Nohive Tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with Nohive Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem or urinary retention problem as you may need a lower dose of the medicine, consult the doctor.
- You are giving the children as they may require a small dose of the medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You should take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching, and redness immediately after you stop taking Nohive Tablet.
Mode of Action of Nohive Tab
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in the body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes. Cetirizine in Nohive Tablet works by blocking the Histamine and hence decreases the symptoms associated with allergies....
Directions for Use of Nohive Tab
Nohive Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow entirely with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It will be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Nohive Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines may affect the way Nohive Tablet works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat anxiety and psychotic disorders such as Diazepam, Clonazepam, and Nohive Tablet may aggravate the side effects such as drowsiness, headache, and influence the alertness of an individual. ...
- It is important to inform the doctor regarding the medications and herbal supplements used before taking the medicine. It is also important to discuss specific allergies or underlying conditions experienced before using the medicine....
Storage and disposal of Nohive Tab
- Store Nohive Tablet at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nohive Tab
Symptoms of overdose are tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention. If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Nohive Tablet, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed the dose of Nohive Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If time next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while I am taking Nohive Tablet?
- Yes, Nohive Tablet is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness. Hence, avoid driving and operating machinery after taking the medicine.
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking the medicine, it may be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Can I take Nohive Tablet in pregnancy?
A: Nohive Tablet should be avoided in pregnancy. Take it only if prescribed by the docter in pregnancy.
Q: Can we take Nohive Tablet for allergy?
A: Yes, Nohive Tablet is used in allergic conditions. However, avoid self-medication. Only if prescribed by the doctor, you may take it.
Q: Can I take Nohive Tablet for cough and cold?
A: No, do not take Nohive Tablet for cough or cold on own. Cough or cold may be due to various reasons like allergy, infections, etc. Cetirizine may help in cough or cold if it is allergic in origin.
Q: Does Nohive Tablet make us drowsy?
A: Yes, Nohive Tablet may make you drowsy, sleepy, and dizzy. Avoid driving or operate machinery after taking Cetzine.
Q: Is it okay to use Nohive Tablet while I am breastfeeding?
A: Nohive Tablet passes into breastmilk and may cause drowsiness in your breastfed baby. Hence, do not take this if you are breastfeeding.
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, USP – Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.