Nitrosun 5mg Tablet
Nitrosun 5 MG Description
Nitrosun comes under the category of medicines known as Hypnotics. The active ingredient in Nitrosun is Nitrazepam. Nitrosun is classified under the group of medications known as Benzodiazepines. Nit
rosun is mainly useful in treating short term insomnia(sleeplessness). Nitrosun is useful to control such chemicals causing abnormal activity in the brain, calms you down and helps you fall asleep. Nitrosun may also be used on the night before surgery by your treating doctor. It also has other properties like muscle relaxation, thus helping in avoiding spasms(sudden contractions of your muscles), Anxiolytics (reduce anxiety) etc. Nitrosun has to be taken as directed by your physician. While using this medication, you may observe side effects like sedation, drowsiness, behavioural changes, etc. Avoid excessive doses and for a longer duration. Treatment with Nitrosun usually doesn't exceed four weeks, including the tapering off process depending on your physician.
|₹5.54 (14% on MRP)
|Short term Insomnia (sleeplessness), Anxiety, Muscle Relaxation, Night Before Surgery
|Dizziness, Sedation, Reduces alertness, Fatigue, Falling incidences in old, Amnesia (loss of memory)
Uses of Nitrosun 5 MG
- Nitrosun is mainly used to treat:
- Short term insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Frequent night awakening when some daytime sedation is acceptable
- Early morning awakenings.
- On the night before surgery by your doctor
Contraindications of Nitrosun 5 MG
- If you have an allergy to benzodiazepines or any of their excipients.k
- If you have severe liver diseases.
- If you have lung-related issues like Pulmonary insufficiency, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Respiratory depression etc.
- If you are having Myasthenia gravis (muscle disorder)
- If you have acute porphyria (red blood cells related condition)
- If you have any history of medicine abuse as it may be addictive
- If you have sleep apnoea syndrome.
Side effects of Nitrosun 5 MG
- Most of the side effects of Nitrosun don't require medical attention and gradually resolve over time. However, if you feel that the side effects persist or worsen, consult your physician immediately.
- Common Side Effects:
- Reduces alertness
- May lead to more falls in old
- Amnesia (loss of memory)
- Physiological and psychological dependence
- Muscle weakness.
Precautions and Warnings of Nitrosun 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding to avoid risks.
- You want to stop using Nitrosun suddenly. It may lead to withdrawal symptoms like nervousness, muscle weakness, depression, restlessness, tremors, confusion etc.
- You have a disease history like liver diseases, kidney diseases, lung-related diseases etc.
- You have a treatment history. Your doctor will prescribe the medicine in appropriate doses.
- You observe any side effects.
- You need to provide complete information on your disease history to your physician.
Mode of Action of Nitrosun 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nitrosun 5 MG
- Take Nitrosun precisely as recommended by your doctor.
- Don’t exceed the dosage or do not miss the dose as prescribed by your doctor.
- Don’t discontinue the medication until the completion of the course as directed by your physician, even if the symptoms disappear.
- Take the whole tablet with a glass of water.
- Do not chew the tablet.
- Every time it is better to take the tablet at the same time of the day. It is advised to note down the days of consumption of the pill in a week to avoid missing the doses or to avoid overdose.
- Do not take if the package has been opened or if there is any damage.
- Please confirm the expiry date on the label before use.
Interactions of Nitrosun 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Nitrosun, when used with any of the below medicines, may cause more Central Nervous depression-like
- Antiepileptic medicines (used in the treatment of fits) - Phenytoin, Phenobarbital
- Analgesics (pain killers)- Morphine, Codeine
- Anxiolytics (used in the treatment of anxiety)
- When the following medications are taken with Nitrosun, it may lead to reduced metabolism:
- Antivirals like Ritonavir.
- When Nitrosun is taken with Antihypertensives (used in treating high blood pressure) may lead to lowered blood pressure.
Interactions with food items
- Nitrosun can be taken with or without food. You should avoid taking grape juice or any other products of grapes as it may show interactions with Nitrosun. Caffeine may also be avoided while taking Nitrosun as it may decrease the metabolism of the medicine. If you observe any discomfort while taking the medicine with any food, it is better to avoid it and consult your physician....