Nitrofur Sr 100mg Tablet
By WANBURY LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nitrofur SR tablet is an antibiotic, used to treat and prevent uncomplicated urinary tract infections, caused by infection causing bacteria. Urinary tract infection is a common infection that happens when microbes enter the urethra, it is characterised by burning sensation or pain while urinating. Nitrofur SR tablet consists of nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient. It contains Nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient which, works by killing the bacteria that cause infection. Take Nitrofur SR tablets as suggested by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You should always complete the course of treatment, as incomplete treatment may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment. While taking this medicine you should drink plenty of water or other fluids to stay hydrated and practice good personal hygiene....
|You Save||₹13.37 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Urinary tract infections|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, gas, stomach discomfort|
Check more medicines with composition as Nitrofurantoin(100.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Nitrofur Sr 100mg Tablet
Uses of Nitrofur Sr 100 MG
Nitrofur SR tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of urinary tract infections caused by bacteria.
Contraindications of Nitrofur Sr 100 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredient of Nitrofur SR tablet.
- If you have any liver or kidney related problem including jaundice.
- If you suffer from a blood related disorder called acute porphyria.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- This medicine should not be used in children.
Side effects of Nitrofur Sr 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Nitrofur Sr 100 MG
Can I take Nitrofur SR tablets during pregnancy?
Nitrofur SR tablets should not be used during pregnancy, unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy, while on this medicine.
Can I take Nitrofur SR tablets while breastfeeding?
Inform your doctor before before using Nitrofur SR tablet if you ar a breastfeeding woman. The treating doctor may suggest you to either discontinue the breastfeeding or this medicine, after assessing the need and benefit.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nitrofur SR tablets?
Nitrofur SR tablet may cause drowsiness and dizziness, thus it is advised to avoid or be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Nitrofur SR tablets?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Nitrofur SR tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any respiratory system, kidney, liver related problems.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Nitrofur SR.
- You suffer from anemia, diabetes or vitamin B deficiency, or electrolyte imbalance.
- You develop any brain, kidney or liver related problem after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Nitrofur Sr 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Nitrofur SR tablets consist of nitrofurantoin which works by killing the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Nitrofur Sr 100 MG
- Nitrofur SR tablets should be taken as advised by your doctor
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, or milk. Take this medicine with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nitrofur Sr 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interact with Nitrofur SR tablet or this tablet itself can affect the way other medicines works.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking.
- Especially if you are taking antacids, water pills and antigout medicines such as probenecid and sulfinpyrazone.
Storage and disposal of Nitrofur Sr 100 MG
- Store Nitrofur SR tablets in a cool, dry and dark place. Protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of sight of children and pets.
- Discard off the unused and expired medicine appropriately. Do not flush the medicine into the sink.
Dosage of Nitrofur Sr 100 MG
Overdose of Nitrofur SR tablet may cause nausea, vomiting and gastric irritation. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Nitrofur SR tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Nitrofur SR tablets on an empty stomach?
A: No, Nitrofur SR tablet should be taken with food or milk or after having a meal.
Q: Can I stop taking Nitrofur SR tablet if I feel I am recovering?
A: You need to continue taking this medicine until advised by your doctor. If you stop taking it before completing the treatment, it may increase the risk of recurrence of infection.
- CDSCO | Nitrofurantoin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- Macrobid ® Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- Suffering from a urinary tract infection? [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.