Nexpro L Capsule
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nexpro L Capsule contains medicine known as Esomeprazole and Levosulpride. It is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease to improve the symptoms like heartburn, lower chest pain, retu
rn of stomach contents in to the mouth, vomiting and poor weight gain. It is also useful in treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers. It blocks the acid producing pumps of stomach cells. Tell your doctor if you have abnormal heart rhythm or take medicines for other mental illness. Take it in exact dose prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you get allergic reactions or if symptoms don’t improve after using it....
Uses of Nexpro L Capsule
For the treatment of the condition known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It is also used to treat the stomach and intestinal ulcers.
Contraindications of Nexpro L Capsule
If you have a history of allergy (skin redness, itching, swelling of face, lips and eyes, difficulty in breathing swallowing) to any of the content of this medicine. If you are taking other medicines
like Nelfinavir (for HIV infection) If you have fits. If you have mood disorders or any other mental illness If you have breast cancer If you have high blood pressure due to pheochromocytoma (tumor of adrenal gland)...
Side effects of Nexpro L Capsule
- Pain in the abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Altered bowel movements
Precautions and Warnings of Nexpro L Capsule
Can I take Nexpro L Capsule during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. After careful clinical examination and evaluation of risk benefit ratio, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine.
Can I take Nexpro L Capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine may pass in to the breast milk and adversely affect your baby. So do not use this medicine without doctors advise.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nexpro L Capsule?
You may experience numbness, dizziness or involuntary movements during treatment with this medicine so avoid driving or using heavy machineries if you experience any of the side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Nexpro L Capsule?
No, consumption of alcohol is not recommended as it increases the chances of dizziness and liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are having any of the following:
- You have severe liver problems
- You have severe kidney problems
- You have history of allergy or skin reaction with any other anti-acidity medicine
- You are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A)
- You have Osteoporosis
- You are taking medicines like corticosteroids (it increases the risk of osteoporosis)
- You get a rash on skin, especially on areas exposed to the sun
- This medicine may hide the symptoms of other diseases so if you experience symptoms like lose a lot of weight without any reason, stomach pain and indigestion, repeated vomiting, swallowing problems,blood in vomit or passing black stool then talk to your doctor immediately, or if the symptoms don’t improve or change the character....Read more
- You have any gastric bleeding, mechanical obstruction or perforation in digestive tract
- You experience Dementia (loss of memory)
- You have a history of stroke
- You have any condition related to heart and circulation, abnormal heart rhythm (QT prolongation)
- You have a history of blood clotting or family history of it
- You are taking medicines for other mental illness
Mode of Action of Nexpro L Capsule
How Does It Work?
In stomach, there are special cells which produces acid for digestion. When there is overproduction of this acid, it becomes harmful as it is responsible to produce ulcers in stomach and intestine. Es
omeprazole blocks these small acid producing pumps in the stomach cells and helps in reducing acidity and promotes healing of those ulcers. Levosulpride increases the forward propulsive movement of digestive tract by releasing few chemicals and helps to relieve the symptoms of GERD like heartburn and reflux of food....
Directions for Use of Nexpro L Capsule
- Take medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water.
- Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once day, then always take this medicine at same time like early morning before breakfast. Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for period your doctorhas prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures....Read more
Interactions of Nexpro L Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this medicine and the following medicines can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Nelfinavir, Atazanavir (used for HIV infection)
- Clopidogrel (used to prevent blood clotting)
- Cilostazol (used to treat intermittent claudication – a pain in your legs when you walk which is caused by a decreased blood supply)
- Digoxin (used for heart problems)
- Methotrexate (a chemotherapy medicine used in high doses to treat cancer)
- Tacrolimus (used in organ transplantation patients)
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Erlotinib (used to treat cancer)
- Diazepam (used to treat anxiety or to relax muscles).
- Citalopram, imipramine or clomipramine (used to treat mental illness)
- Phenytoin (used in epilepsy or fits)
- Warfarin or coumarin (blood thinning medicines)
- Cisapride (used for indigestion and heartburn)
- Rifampicin (used for treatment of tuberculosis)
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) (used to treat mental illness)
- Medicines which produces abnormal heart rhythm
- Medicines which produces electrolytes disturbances
- Medicines acting on brain and nervous system
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Nexpro L Capsule or increase the chances of side effects....Read more
Storage and disposal of Nexpro L Capsule
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store below 25°C in the original package.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Nexpro L Capsule
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Overdose of this medicine may increases the chances of side effects like tremors, d
ifficulty and slow movements or sleep problems....
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Do not stop
taking this medicine without doctor’s advice, as this may result in flare up of symptoms....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the uses of Nexpro L Capsule?
A: This medicine is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease and peptic ulcer (ulcers in stomach or intestine).
Q: How Nexpro L Capsule works?
A: Nexpro L Capsule contains medicine known as Esomeprazole and Levosulpride. Esomeprazole blocks these small acid producing pumps in the stomach cells and helps in reducing acidity and promotes healing of those ulcers. Levosulpride increases the forward propulsive movement of digestive tract by releasing few chemicals and helps to relieve the symptoms of GERD like heartburn and reflux of food.
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 06:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved