Nexpro L Capsule
Nexpro L Capsule Description
Nexpro L capsule contains esomeprazole and levosulpride as active ingredients. It is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Nexpro L acts by improving the symptoms like hear
tburn, lower chest pain, return of stomach contents into the mouth, vomiting and poor weight gain. It is also useful in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers. Nexpro L blocks the acid-producing pumps of stomach cells. Take Nexpro L capsule at least 30 mins before breakfast or food. Tell your doctor if you have abnormal heart rhythm or take medicines for other mental illnesses. Take it in the exact dose prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the existing medication and condition, before starting the treatment with Nexpro L capsule.
|You Save||₹43.72 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Esomeprazole(40.0 Mg) + Levosulpiride(75.0 Mg)|
|Uses||GERD Treatment of ulcers of stomach and intestine|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, abdomen pain|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-REFLUX|
Uses of Nexpro L Capsule
Contraindications of Nexpro L Capsule
- If you have a history of allergy (skin redness, itching, swelling of face, lips and eyes, difficulty in breathing swallowing) to esomeprazole, levosulpride or any of the content of Nexpro L capsule.
- If you are taking other medicines like Nelfinavir (for HIV infection).
- If you have fits.
- If you have mood disorders or any other mental illness.
- If you have breast cancer.
- If you have high blood pressure due to pheochromocytoma (tumuor of adrenal gland).
Side effects of Nexpro L Capsule
- Pain in the abdomen
- Altered bowel movements
Precautions and Warnings of Nexpro L Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You have severe liver or kidney problems.
- You have a history of allergy or skin reaction with any other anti-acidity medicine.
- You are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You have osteoporosis.
- You are taking medicines like corticosteroids (it increases the risk of osteoporosis).
- You get a rash on the skin, especially on areas exposed to the sun.
- Nexpro L may hide the symptoms of other diseases so if you experience symptoms like losing a lot of weight without any reason, stomach pain and indigestion, repeated vomiting, swallowing problems, blood in vomit or passing black stool then talk to your doctor immediately or if the symptoms don’t improve or change the character....
- You have any gastric bleeding, mechanical obstruction or perforation in the digestive tract.
- You experience dementia (loss of memory).
- You have a history of strokes.
- You have any condition related to heart and circulation, abnormal heart rhythm (QT prolongation).
- You have a history of blood clotting or a family history of it.
- You are taking medicines for other mental illnesses.
Mode of Action of Nexpro L Capsule
How Does It Work?
- In stomach, there are special cells which produces acid for digestion. When there is overproduction of this acid, it becomes harmful as it is responsible to produce ulcers in stomach and intestine.
- Esomeprazole blocks these small acid producing pumps in the stomach cells and helps in reducing acidity and promotes healing of those ulcers.
- Levosulpride increases the forward propulsive movement of digestive tract by releasing few chemicals and helps to relieve the symptoms of GERD like heartburn and reflux of food.
Directions for Use of Nexpro L Capsule
- Take medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water.
- Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once day, then always take this medicine at same time like early morning before breakfast. Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures....
Interactions of Nexpro L Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this medicine and the following medicines can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Nelfinavir, Atazanavir (used for HIV infection)
- Clopidogrel (used to prevent blood clotting)
- Cilostazol (used to treat intermittent claudication – a pain in your legs when you walk which is caused by a decreased blood supply)
- Digoxin (used for heart problems)
- Methotrexate (a chemotherapy medicine used in high doses to treat cancer)
- Tacrolimus (used in organ transplantation patients)
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Erlotinib (used to treat cancer)
- Diazepam (used to treat anxiety or to relax muscles).
- Citalopram, imipramine or clomipramine (used to treat mental illness)
- Phenytoin (used in epilepsy or fits)
- Warfarin or coumarin (blood thinning medicines)
- Cisapride (used for indigestion and heartburn)
- Rifampicin (used for treatment of tuberculosis)
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) (used to treat mental illness)
- Medicines which produces abnormal heart rhythm
- Medicines which produces electrolytes disturbances
- Medicines acting on brain and nervous system
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Nexpro L capsule or increase the chances of side effects....
Storage and disposal of Nexpro L Capsule
- Keep Nexpro-L out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store below 25°C in the original package.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Nexpro L Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the uses of Nexpro L capsule?
Q: How Nexpro L capsule works?
Q: What is the composition of Nexpro L?
Q: Can I stop taking Nexpro L on my own if I feel symptom improvement?
Q: Can the use of Nexpro L capsule cause dizziness?
Q: What is the side effect of Nexpro L?
Q: How do you take Nexpro L?
Q: When should I take Nexpro L?
- Esomeprazole - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Esomac L Capsule [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Esomeprazole - Summary of Product Characteristic (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]