Mucolite Sr 30mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mucolite Capsule is used to provide relief from cough associated with mucous in a respiratory problem such as asthma and bronchitis. It contains ambroxol as its active ingredient. It is an antitussive medicine that reduces the viscosity of mucous or loosens it up within the airways, thus makes breathing easy. It should be used with caution in patients with stomach ulcers. Mucolite Capsules should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
Uses of Mucolite 30 MG
Mucolite Capsule is used to provide relief from the cough along with mucous in respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis.
Contraindications of Mucolite 30 MG
If you are allergic to ambroxol or any ingredients of Mucolite Capsule.
Side effects of Mucolite 30 MG
- Altered taste
- Numbness in throat and mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Mucolite 30 MG
Can I take the Mucolite Capsule during pregnancy?
Mucolite Capsule is not advisable to be taken during the first trimester of pregnancy.Hence, it is recommended not to use this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Mucolite Capsule while breastfeeding?
The component of this medicine passes into the breastmilk and can be harmful to the baby. Thus, it is recommended to avoid breastfeeding while on this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Mucolite Capsule?
This medicine does not inhibit your ability to drive; however, do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with the Mucolite Capsule?
Although there are no known interactions of alcohol along with Mucolite Capsule. So it is important to consult your physician if, you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or liver disorders, fits, any hereditary disorder, stomach ulcers etc.
- You experience any kind of allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have secretion-related problems.
- It should not be given to children below six years of age unless prescribed by the doctor.
- You have recently taken any other medicine containing the same ingredient.
Mode of Action of Mucolite 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Ambroxol acts by increasing the synthesis and release of surfactants in our respiratory system which decrease the ability of mucous to stick to the wall of airways. This makes breathing easy.
Directions for Use of Mucolite 30 MG
- Take Mucolite Capsule according to your doctor's prescription.
- This medicine is for oral use only.
- Take it only in the prescribed dose.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with water.
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine.
- Check its expiry date before using it.
Interactions of Mucolite 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Mucolite Capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Taking Mucolite Capsule while already being on an antibiotic medication may increase the action of antibiotics.
Storage and disposal of Mucolite 30 MG
- Keep this medicine away from the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine post its expiration date mentioned on it.
- Store this medicine in a closed container.
- Store this medicine at room temperature not exceeding 25 degrees Celsius.
- This medicine does not need any special storage conditions.
Dosage of Mucolite 30 MG
If you happen to take too much of Mucolite Capsule, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
This medicine must be taken as per the prescribed dosage. In case of a missed dose, it is advisable to take this medicine at the earliest. If it is time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Mucolite for dry cough?
A: No, Mucolite should not be used for dry cough. It is used to treat the cough with mucous.
Q: For how long can I use the Mucolite Capsule?
A: You should take this medicine as long as recommended by your doctor. This medicine should not be taken continuously for more than 14 days unless it is recommended by your doctor.
- Ambroxol Sandoz 30 mg tablets [Internet]. Ravimiregister.ee. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Respiratory System Drugs: 218-233.
- Ambroxol: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.