Mucinac Inj 2ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
2ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet contains Acetylcysteine which belongs to a class of medicines known as mucolytics. It is used as adjuvant therapy in various respiratory diseases associated with excessive mucous secretion. Lung and airway diseases such as bronchitis, shortness of breath (emphysema), production of thick sticky mucus (cystic fibrosis) are usually related to excessive mucous secretion. Acetylcysteine present in Mucinac Inj 2mlhelps in loosening the thick mucous and makes it easier to cough it out. This medicine should not be taken if you are allergic to Acetylcysteine. This medicine should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Uses of Mucinac Inj 2ml
Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet is used as adjuvant therapy in respiratory tract diseases such as bronchitis, emphysema, bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis associated with excessive mucous secretion.
Contraindications of Mucinac Inj 2ml
- If you are allergic to Acetylcysteine or any ingredients of the tablet.
- Mucinac Inj 2ml should not be used in children below 14 years of age.
Side effects of Mucinac Inj 2ml
- Low blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Mucinac Inj 2ml
Can I take Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited safety data on the use of Mucinac Inj 2ml during pregnancy. Hence, this medicine must be used in pregnant women only if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if acetylcysteine is secreted in breast milk. To avoid any harm to the new-born baby, avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet?
Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet is less likely to affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any difficulty in breathing, stop the medicine immediately.
- You have a history of ulcers and asthma.
- You experience any rashes or lesions on the skin or mucous membranes after taking this medicine.
- You have any history of intolerance to histamine, then you should avoid long term treatment.
- During the initial days of treatment, you may experience an increase in the secretions of airways and lungs. You should contact your doctor in case you experience any discomfort. Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet is less likely to affect your driving abilities.read less
Mode of Action of Mucinac Inj 2ml
How Does It Work?
Mucinac Inj 2ml contains acetylcysteine that is a derivative of a natural amino acid L-cysteine. It acts by thinning the mucus and making it easier to cough out and relieve the airways.
Directions for Use of Mucinac Inj 2ml
- Take Mucinac Inj 2ml tablet as advised by your doctor before or after your meals
- Add the tablet in half glass of water and allow it to dissolve completely
- Wait till the solution becomes clear. Stir and drink immediately
Interactions of Mucinac Inj 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Cough suppressants should not be used at the same time while using this medicine as it can alter the way this medicine works.
- Activated charcoal can reduce the action of this medicine. Concomitant use is not advised.
- Antibiotics should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with Mucinac Inj 2ml
- Concomitant use of Glyceryl trinitrate a medicine used for heart-related disorder along with Mucinac Inj 2ml can cause low blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Mucinac Inj 2ml
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Mucinac Inj 2ml
You may experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or loose motions. In case of an overdose, reach out to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the normal dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Mucinac Inj 2ml an effective medicine? Does it have any other benefits?
A: Mucinac Inj 2ml is being used as a mucolytic for a long time in lung and airway diseases and effectively reduces mucus secretion and improves other symptoms. It has excellent antioxidant properties that can be helpful for other disease conditions. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Mucinac Inj 2ml tablets?
A: You must not take this medicine within 2 hours of taking an antibiotic. Cough suppressants and medicines to treat high blood pressure should be avoided or used with caution while taking Acetylcysteine. The tablets smell of sulphur (or rotten eggs) which is very pungent. Make sure you do not throw away the tablet thinking it is spoiled.
Q: Is Mucinac Inj 2ml an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine. It belongs to a class of medicines called mucolytics.
Q: How should I take Mucinac Inj 2ml, before or after a meal?
A: It can be taken with or without food, as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Mucinac Inj 2ml is an effervescent tablet?
A: Yes, it is an effervescent tablet with orange flavour to mask the unpleasant taste of Acetylcysteine.
Q: Is it safe to give Mucinac Inj 2ml to my 6 months old baby?
A: No, you should not give this medicine to your baby. Discuss with a child specialist before giving any medicine to your baby as their organs are sensitive and not fully developed.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved