Mozep 2mg Tablet
Mozep 2 MG Description
Mozep Tablet is most commonly used for the treatment of chronic schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a mental illness characterised by disturbed thinking and emotions and affects how a person thinks, feel
s, and behaves. Mozep Tablet belongs to the therapeutic classification of antipsychotics. Mozep Tablet is composed of pimozide. It is also indicated for the suppression of motor and phonic tics in patients with Tourette's Disorder who have failed to respond satisfactorily to standard treatment. Mozep Tablet is a prescription medicine, and it is to be taken exactly as suggested by the physician. Consult your physician immediately if you experience any side effects, worsening of your condition, or allergic side effects. Continue taking the Mozep Tablet for as long as your doctor recommends. It is important to follow the complete course of treatment. Do not give the medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms or condition as you. Also, let your physician know about your medical history and if you are taking any new medicines to avoid any interactions. Don't stop taking the medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal effects like worsening your condition. Your doctor may taper the dosage gradually based on your medical condition before stopping it completely.
|Uses||In the treatment of chronic Schizophrenia. For the inhibition of motor and phonic tics in Tourette's Syndrome patients.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Somnolence, Frequent urination in the night, Increased sweating, Agitation, Restlessness, Headache, Tremors, Muscle rigidity and Blurred vision|
Uses of Mozep 2 MG
- Neuroleptic and antipsychotic agent- In the treatment of chronic Schizophrenia.
- For the inhibition of motor and phonic tics in Tourette's Syndrome patients.
Contraindications of Mozep 2 MG
- If you have pimozide hypersensitivity or an allergy to any other ingredients in Mozep Tablet.
- If you have Congenital long QT syndrome.
- If you have Central nervous system depression or Comatose states.
Side effects of Mozep 2 MG
- Frequent urination in the night
- Increased sweating
- Muscle rigidity
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Mozep 2 MG
Other General Warnings
Mode of Action of Mozep 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mozep 2 MG
- Always take Mozep Tablets exactly as directed by your doctor.
- You can take the Mozep Tablets with food.
- Swallow Mozep Tablets with a glass of water. Do not chew or crush it.
- Read the label instructions carefully.
- Dosage should be taken in recommended amounts at a particular time in a day to get maximum benefits and desired clinical effect.
Interactions of Mozep 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid undesirable side effects associated with the interaction, inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking.
- Mozep Tablet can cause adverse reactions when taken with the following medicines:
- Interaction with Class IA antiarrhythmics (such as quinidine, disopyramide and procainamide) and Class III antiarrhythmics (such as amiodarone and sotalol) and citalopram cause increased QTc levels leading to changes in heart rhythm....
- Interaction with analgesics, sedatives, anxiolytics can cause additive CNS depressant effects.
- Interaction with levodopa can impair the antiparkinson effect of the medicine.
Interactions with food items
- It is recommended to avoid grapefruit juice because it may inhibit the metabolism of Mozep Tablets.