Moximac Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moximac 400 MG Description
Moximac Tablet contains Moxifloxacin. It is used to treat bacterial infection of the sinus, airways, urinary tract, skin and lungs. Moximac Tablet works by stopping and killing the growth of bacteria
that cause infection. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age. Always use sunscreen while on this medicine. Provide detailed information about medical conditions and medications along with family history to your doctor. Moximac Tablet should not be used for pregnant and nursing mothers.
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Moximac Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Moxiflot 400mg TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.24₹ 120.90₹ 24.18/Tablet
- Mahaflox 400mg Strip Of 5 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.00₹ 92.6522.44% CHEAPER₹ 18.53/Tablet
- Macflox 400mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 255.24₹ 216.959.21% CHEAPER₹ 21.70/Tablet
Uses of Moximac 400 MG
Moximac Tablet is used to treat bacterial infection such as infection of the sinuses, sudden worsening of long-term inflammation of the airways, infection of the lungs (pneumonia) acquired outside the hospital, infections of the female upper genital tract and infections of the skin and soft tissue in adults....
Contraindications of Moximac 400 MG
- If you are allergic to Moxifloxacin or any other component of Moximac Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are below 18 years of age.
- If you have any heart-related disease or disorder including an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have or had an imbalanced electrolyte level.
- If you had experienced tendon disease or disorder due to treatment with quinolone class of medicine.
- If you are on any medicine used to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have liver disease.
Side effects of Moximac 400 MG
- Stomach Pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Oral or vaginal fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Moximac 400 MG
Can I take Moximac Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Moximac Tablet on pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medication.
Can I take Moximac Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Moximac Tablet on nursing mother. It might pass into the breastmilk and may be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Moximac Tablet?
Moximac Tablet may cause dizziness and headache and affect the ability to drive. If you experience these symptoms, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Moximac Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with Moximac Tablet as it may increase the undesired effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had an allergic reaction after consuming medicine belonging to a similar class.
- You have or had heart diseases, including an irregular heartbeat.
- You are on any medication to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- You have or had liver, kidney disease.
- You have or had fits or psychiatric illness.
- You had symptoms of neuropathy such as pain, burning, tingling, numbness, or weakness.
- You have or had myasthenia gravis.
- You had tendinitis or tendon rupture characterized by painful swelling, inflammation, immobilization.
- You experience disturbance in blood glucose level after taking Moximac Tablet.
- You experience vision disorder or decreased vision or diarrhoea after taking Moximac Tablet.
- You or any member of your family have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a rare hereditary disease).
- You have been diagnosed with or have a family history of an enlargement of a large blood vessel of the heart.
- You have an infection of the genital area.
- Avoid exposure of direct or indirect sunlight when on Moximac Tablet, always use sunscreen.
Mode of Action of Moximac 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Moximac Tablet works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria, stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of Moximac 400 MG
- Moximac Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Moximac 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat irregular heartbeat such as quinidine, disopyramide, sotalol, amiodarone; medicine used in brain diseases such as phenothiazines, pimozide, sertindole, amitriptyline; antimicrobial medicine to treat bacterial infection such as saquinavir, sparfloxacin, erythromycin IV, pentamidine; antiallergic medicine such as terfenadine, astemizole, mizolastine should not be used concomitantly with Moximac Tablet....
- Medicine known to lower potassium level such as hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide, amphotericin B, prednisolone should not be used concomitantly with Moximac Tablet.
- Medicine such as sucralfate used to treat acidity and medicine containing zinc and iron should not be co-administered with Moximac Tablet.
- Charcoal should not be administered along with Moximac Tablet as it can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Moximac Tablet may enhance the effect of blood thinner medicine such as warfarin.
- Moximac Tablet may lower the effect of blood sugar-lowering medications such as glibenclamide when co-administered.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Moximac 400 MG
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Moximac 400 MG
- Excess of Moximac Tablet may alter the heart rhythm characterized by electrocardiogram (ECG).
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Moximac Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Moximac Tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Moximac Tablet before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment, else there are chances of recurrence of an infection.
Q: Can the use of Moximac Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Moximac Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed, it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed