Morr F 5% Solution 60ml
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
60ml Skin Solution in Bottle
30 days return policyRead More
Morr F 5 solution contains Minoxidil and Finasteride as active ingredients. Both these medicines work together to prevent hair loss and promote regrowth of hair. Morr F 5 solution should not be used in women due to the presence of Finasteride, which may cause hormonal changes in females. It is meant for use on the scalp only. It may take a few weeks before the effect is seen. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, nose, mouth or any cut/exposed skin or scalp.
Uses of Morr F 5% Solution 60ml
Morr F 5 solution is used in the treatment of male pattern baldness, premature or hereditary baldness and hair loss (androgenic alopecia) in men. This medicine is recommended for regrowth of hair in males only.
Contraindications of Morr F 5% Solution 60ml
- If you are allergic to Minoxidil and Finasteride or any other ingredient of this medicine
- If you are a female of childbearing age or planning to become pregnant
Side effects of Morr F 5% Solution 60ml
- Scalp itching, irritation or flaking and redness
- Feeling dizzy or light-headed, fainting, vision problems
- Irritation, burning sensation of the eyes, mouth, ear or nose
- Excessive hair growth on other body parts
- Rapid heartbeats, chest pain
- Pain in the shoulder or arms, swelling (puffiness) of hands, feet, face or belly
- Impotence or problems with ejaculation, decreased libido, pain, enlargement or rashes of the breast
Precautions and Warnings of Morr F 5% Solution 60ml
Can I apply Morr F 5 solution during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used in pregnant women as it has high potential to cause congenital disabilities in the unborn baby.
Can I apply Morr F 5 solution while breastfeeding?
Morr F 5 solution is secreted in breast milk, though the exact amounts cannot be ascertained. Use as a topical solution (on the skin surface) may not lead to a significant rise in the blood levels of the medicine. However, it is advisable to avoid using this medicine in breastfeeding women, unless suitable alternatives do not exist.
Can I drive if I have applied Morr F 5 solution?
Morr F 5 solution is not known to affect an individual's ability to drive. However, in the presence of heart disease or symptoms like rapid heartbeats, chest pain, feeling dizzy or vision problems, it is advisable to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Morr F 5 solution?
No known interaction with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a history of or at risk for heart disease (heart attack, rhythm problems, diseases of heart valves, heart failure etc.)
- If you have high blood pressure and are on treatment for the same
- If you are a female patient of childbearing age or planning pregnancy
- If you have any liver problems
- Discontinue the medication if you start experiencing any weight gain, swelling of feet, irritation or redness of the scalp or unwanted facial hair growth
- If you do not notice any effect after 4- 6 months of use, kindly contact your doctor for further evaluation
Mode of Action of Morr F 5% Solution 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Minoxidil dilates the blood vessels of the scalp, increases the blood flow to the hair follicles helping in regrowth of hair
- Finasteride works by reducing the production of a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). In males with hereditary or premature risk for baldness, this hormone DHT is believed to bind to hair follicles and cause them to shrink resulting in hair lossread less
- Thus, both these medicines work together to prevent hair loss and promote regrowth of hair
Directions for Use of Morr F 5% Solution 60ml
- Use Morr F 5 solution only when the scalp or the hair is dry. There is no need to shampoo the hair before or after each application
- Use the applicator to fill in 1 ml of the solution and then place it over your head where the hair is thinning and squeeze the bulb of the applicator
- Now use your fingertip and spread the solution evenly over the area
- Do not squeeze the whole 1 ml at a time
- You may apply small amounts and apply thoroughly using the fingertips
- Wash your hands after application
- Ensure it does not trickle on the face as that can cause unwanted hair growth on the face
- Regular hair bath (with mild shampoo) and dyeing of hair need not be discontinued while taking this medicine
Interactions of Morr F 5% Solution 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Morr F 5 solution may interact with other topical medicines which you are using on the scalp and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparationsread less
- Caution must be exercised by patients who are taking medicines for high blood pressure as a combined effect of both the medicines may cause a slight fall in blood pressure, especially while standing (orthostatic hypotension)read less
Dosage of Morr F 5% Solution 60ml
- Morr F 5 solution is only for external use and should not be swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion or applied on larger areas for a prolonged time, consult a doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms.read less
- The signs and symptoms of overdosage would be swelling of face, hands and feet, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, dizziness and weakness. Do not apply more than 2 ml of this solution per day.
Missed a Dose
If you miss an application of Morr F 5 solution, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine to compensate for the missed dose. Missing one or two doses is not going to affect its efficacy or change the outcome. Continue with your next application as per schedule. Remember to maintain a 12-hour gap between 2 doses ad not to apply more than 2 ml (1 ml twice) within 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why should Morr F 5 be not used in females?
A: It contains Finasteride which may increase the effects of testosterone, causing side effects such as menstrual disturbances or growth of hair elsewhere in the body. Hence this medicine is not recommended in women.
Q: Can I apply Morr F 5 to oil my hair?
A: No, You can not apply Morr F 5 solution as your hair oil.
Q: Which one is better Morr F 5 or Minoxidil?
A: Morr F 5 solution contains Minoxidil and Finasteride and is generally used in hair loss in men. At the same time, Minoxidil is also used in the treatment of hair loss in men and women. There could be several reasons for hair loss. Based on the cause, your hair loss shall be treated by your doctor. You should only take medicine advised by your doctor as the same shall be based on your diagnosis and your medical history.
Q: How long and when should I use this Morr F 5 solution?
- Apply around 1 ml twice a day (with a gap of 12 hours) for at least 4-6 months
- This solution must be applied when the scalp is dry and do not lie down immediately after application
- Allow the scalp to dry before for 2-4 hours after application, even at night time before going to bed. You may apply the solution with your fingertips, but do not forget to wash hands thoroughly after using itread less
- Though some hair loss is expected in the first few weeks, consult the doctor if hair loss persists beyond 6 weeks
Q: Whats are the things that I should avoid while using Morr F 5 solution?
- Do not use a hairdryer while applying this solution. Avoid wearing caps, or any other headwear, lying down or sleeping after applying this solution until you are sure the scalp is dry
- Do not mix this solution in hair oil and use
- Do not apply on other parts of the body except the scalp
- Using this solution more frequently than twice a day does not help your hair grow faster
- Maximum dosage in a day should not exceed 2 ml
- Morr F 5 Solution should not be used in children and elderly aged above 65 years
Q: Will my hair loss continue after I stop using Morr F 5 solution?
- It depends on your condition. People with hereditary hair loss conditions may have to continue to use this solution for long periods
- On the other hand, if the hair loss is due to any nutritional deficiency, or any medicines or therapy, this solution will prevent further hair loss and the hair growth will stop occurring after the causative factor is correctedread less
- In all other conditions, stopping this medication will cause hair loss to continue again. You may stop for a brief period of 2-3 months, now and then but completely stopping will cause a repeat of hair lossread less
Q: What is male-pattern baldness or androgenic alopecia?
- Male pattern hair loss or baldness or is hair loss or thinning of hair on the top and front of the scalp
- Receding hairlines starting at the temples and slowly becomes progressive giving the hair a M shape from the top
- At this stage, some people will start losing hair in other parts of the head as well. This is followed by significant hair loss and slowly the bald patches unite
- This differs from female pattern hair loss, which is associated with thinning of hair in the central area of the scalp and is less severe than in males
- More than 50% of men above the age of 50 years will have some sort of male pattern baldness
Q: What is the difference between Finasteride and Minoxidil?
- Both of these medicines have different mechanisms of action
- While Minoxidil promotes regrowth of hair by increasing the blood flow to the scalp
- Finasteride is a DHT (dihydrotestosterone) blocker which prevents hair loss. DHT is formed from testosterone with the help of an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase, which is blocked by Finasteride. Normally, around 10% of testosterone is converted to DHT. But in some people, more DHT is formed from testosterone due to hereditary causes or other lifestyle factors such as stress, which results in hair loss. This is because high levels of DHT in the blood can shrink the hair follicles causing thinning and loss of hairread less
Q: How quickly will my hair regrow after starting to use Morr F 5 solution?
- 4-6 months for the desired results. Ideally, the hair should regrow from the end of the first month by an inch to one and a half-inch per month
- Temporary hair loss may be observed in the first few weeks, which is a positive sign because it confirms the beginning of a new hair cycle
- The appearance of light-coloured and fine hair is a sign of positive hair growth. The hair or scalp should not be washed for at least 4 hours after applying the solution
- Avoid contact with eyes, ears, nose, mouth or any cut/exposed skin or scalp
Q: How should this Morr F 5 solution be used?
- This solution comes in two forms dropper and spray. When you are using a dropper, use the applicator to fill in 1 ml of the solution and then place it over your scalp where the hair is thinning and squeeze the bulb of the applicatorread less
- Now use your fingertip and spread the solution evenly over the area. Do not squeeze the whole 1 ml at a time
- You may apply small amounts and apply thoroughly using the fingertips
- The dropper formulation of this solution is more beneficial in people with hair fall or hair has started to thin down
- Avoid contact with eyes
Q: How to use the Morr F 5 solution spray?
- The spray formulation is of greater benefit in those people who have a higher degree of baldness or areas on the head which are bald
- Each spray will release around 0.2 ml of the solution. Hence a maximum of 5 sprays are allowed as a single dose
- After each spray, use your fingertips to spread the solutions evenly over the desirable area
- It is reminded again, not to use the Morr F 5 Solution solution for more than 2 doses in 24 hours
Last Updated on: 22 Aug 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved