Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml Description
Montek LC Kid Syrup is a paediatric medicine used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in the airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other
llergic symptoms. It is a combination of two medicines montelukast and levocetirizine. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing the symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take this medicine preferably at bedtime as it may cause dizziness.
|You Save||₹16.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levocetirizine(2.5 Mg/5ml) + Montelukast(4.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Side effects||Headache, stomach pain, dry mouth, tiredness, cough|
- Lm True Bottle Of 60ml SyrupBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 80.00₹ 64.0030% CHEAPER₹ 1.07/Ml
- Montas L Syrup 60mlBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 98.00₹ 68.6025% CHEAPER₹ 1.14/Ml
- Telekast L Kid Bottle Of 60ml SyrupBy Lupin60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 138.60₹ 117.81₹ 1.96/Ml
- Montair Lc Kid Syrup 60mlBy Cipla Limited60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 127.17₹ 108.09₹ 1.8/Ml
- Levocet M Syrup 60mlBy Hetero Healthcare Limited60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 100.65₹ 85.556% CHEAPER₹ 1.43/Ml
- Allercet M Syrup 60mlBy Micro Labs60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 104.00₹ 88.403% CHEAPER₹ 1.47/Ml
- Nukast 4mg Syrup 60mlBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 110.55₹ 97.28₹ 1.62/Ml
- Montemac L Syrup 60mlBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 83.50₹ 70.9722% CHEAPER₹ 1.18/Ml
- Criz M Syrup 60mlBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 96.50₹ 82.0210% CHEAPER₹ 1.37/Ml
- Laveta M Syrup 60mlBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 103.40₹ 87.894% CHEAPER₹ 1.46/Ml
Uses of Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
Contraindications of Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
- Your child is allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- Your child has kidney problems or is undergoing dialysis.
- Your child is unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
- Children of age 6-11 years with existing kidney problems.
Side effects of Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
Other General Warnings
- Your child is on medications for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- Your child is already on painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- Your child is suffering from a psychiatric illnesse.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case your child experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- Your child is suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- Your child is not able to empty the bladder completely.
Mode of Action of Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
- Give the Montek LC Kid syrup as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals.
- Do not give this medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake it well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
Interactions of Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Montek LC Kid syrup contains levocetirizine and montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines like Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis), Phenytoin (used to treat fits or epilepsy), Phenobarbital (used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness; also called CNS depressants) should be used with caution along with the Montek LC Kid Syrup....
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
- Store the Montek LC Kid syrup below 30°C.
- Close the cap of the bottle properly after every use.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Montek Lc Kid Syrup 60ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop giving the Montek LC Kid syrup to my child if symptoms of allergy go away?
Q: Can I give the Montek LC Kid syrup to my child during an asthma attack?
Q: Is the Montek LC Kid syrup an antibiotic medicine?
Q: What is the dosage of the Montek LC Kid syrup for a 5-year-old child?
Q: How does the Montek LC Kid syrup work?
- Montek LC Kid syrup works by the combined action of two of its components – Montelukast & Levocetirizine.
- Montelukast acts by blocking certain natural substances known as leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine works by blocking a natural substance called histamine, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.