Montek Lc Kid Syp
By SUN PHARMA
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Montek LC Kid Syrup is a paediatric medicine used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in the airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other a
llergic symptoms. It is a combination of two medicines montelukast and levocetirizine. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing the symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take this medicine preferably at bedtime as it may cause dizziness....
Uses of Montek Lc Kid Syp
Montek LC Kid Syrup is used for treating & preventing symptoms of allergic rhinitis (a runny or itchy nose, sneezing, teary eyes, etc).
Contraindications of Montek Lc Kid Syp
- Your child is allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- Your child has kidney problems or is undergoing dialysis.
- Your child is unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
- Children of age 6-11 years with existing kidney problems.
Side effects of Montek Lc Kid Syp
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Montek Lc Kid Syp
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child is on medications for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- Your child is already on painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- Your child is suffering from a psychiatric illnesse.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case your child experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- Your child is suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- Your child is not able to empty the bladder completely.
Mode of Action of Montek Lc Kid Syp
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Montek Lc Kid Syp
- Give the Montek LC Kid syrup as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals.
- Do not give this medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake it well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
Interactions of Montek Lc Kid Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Montek LC Kid syrup contains levocetirizine and montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines like Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis), Phenytoin (used to treat fits or epilepsy), Phenobarbital (used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness; also called CNS depressants) should be used with caution along with the Montek LC Kid Syrup....Read more
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Montek Lc Kid Syp
- Store the Montek LC Kid syrup below 30°C.
- Close the cap of the bottle properly after every use.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Montek Lc Kid Syp
Symptoms of an overdose of the Montek LC Kid syrup include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospi
Missed a Dose
If you have missed giving any dose of this medicine to your child, give it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule. Do
not give a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop giving the Montek LC Kid syrup to my child if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should give the Montek LC Kid syrup to your kid for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor, stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
Q: Can I give the Montek LC Kid syrup to my child during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack.
Q: Is the Montek LC Kid syrup an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, it is an anti-allergic medicine used for the treatment of allergies and hives.
Q: What is the dosage of the Montek LC Kid syrup for a 5-year-old child?
A: The dose and frequency of the Montek LC Kid syrup will be decided by your doctor after accessing the condition of your child and other parameters. Do not give this syrup to your child without consulting a doctor.
Q: How does the Montek LC Kid syrup work?
- Montek LC Kid syrup works by the combined action of two of its components – Montelukast & Levocetirizine.
- Montelukast acts by blocking certain natural substances known as leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine works by blocking a natural substance called histamine, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 09 Jul 2021 | 08:11 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved