Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Montek AB tablet contains a combination of montelukast and acebrophylline. It aids to treat blockage, swelling and irritation associated with bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseas
e (COPD) and cure symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, red, itchy and watery eyes. Montek AB tablet works by relaxing the muscles of the air passages, widening and making breathing easier. It should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Take it as the prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration. Inform your doctor if you have any medical condition and are on any medication. You may feel sleepy, dizzy, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain after consuming Montek AB tablet. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor.
- Montair Ab Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 250.47₹ 212.90₹ 21.29/Tablet
- Abiways M Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.00₹ 104.5049% CHEAPER₹ 10.45/Tablet
- Ergomont A Tablets 10'sBy Ergos Life Sciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 161.20₹ 161.2022% CHEAPER₹ 16.12/Tablet
- Oxybro Plus TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.00₹ 127.5038% CHEAPER₹ 12.75/Tablet
Uses of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Montelukast, Acebrophylline or any other component of Montek AB tablet.
- If you had a heart attack in the past.
- If you have liver or kidney disease.
- If you have or had hypotension, irregular heartbeat, heart failure or any heart disease.
Side effects of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Headache, fever, drowsiness
- Stomach pain, stomach discomfort, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, constipation, heartburn
- Increased liver enzymes
- Rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have or had any liver, kidney or heart disease or disorder.
- You are giving it to the elderly patient with age more than 65 years.
- You have any other medical condition like hyperthyroidism or hypertension, stomach or intestinal ulcer or fits and are on any medication.
- You experience any psychiatric events after taking Montek AB tablet.
- You experience any unusual symptoms.
- Montek AB tablet should not be replaced with other medicine suddenly. It should not be used for an acute asthma attack.
- Montek AB should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast helps control the symptoms by blocking the actions of substances in the body called Leukotrienes, which cause narrowing and swelling of airways in the lungs and cause symptoms of allergic rhinitis and asthma....
- Acebrophylline works by relaxing the muscles of the airway, thinning and loosening the mucus of the airways, which makes it easy to breathe in for people with lung problems. It also has an anti-inflammatory action which helps to treat any underlying cause....
Directions for Use of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat infections such as erythromycin, ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, amoxicillin increases the effect of Montek AB tablet when used concomitantly.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat heart disease such as furosemide, diltiazem, verapamil, isoprenaline may increase the effect of Montek AB tablet.
- Medicines used to treat fits and tuberculosis such as phenytoin, phenobarbital and rifampin decrease the effect of Montek AB tablet when co-administered.
- Medicines used to treat abnormal blood lipid levels such as gemfibrozil may increase the effect of Montek AB tablet when co-administered.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Excess of Montek AB tablet may cause stomach pain, sleepiness, thirst, headache, vomiting, nausea, chest pain, bloody vomit, restlessness, fits and increased heart rate.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.