Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Montek AB tablet contains a combination of montelukast and acebrophylline. It aids to treat blockage, swelling and irritation associated with bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
(COPD) and cure symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, red, itchy and watery eyes. Montek AB tablet works by relaxing the muscles of the air passages, widening and making breathing easier. It should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Take it as the prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration. Inform your doctor if you have any medical condition and are on any medication. You may feel sleepy, dizzy, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain after consuming Montek AB tablet. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor....
Uses of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
Montek AB tablet is used to treat allergic rhinitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bronchial asthma in adults only.
Contraindications of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Montelukast, Acebrophylline or any other component of Montek AB tablet.
- If you had a heart attack in the past.
- If you have liver or kidney disease.
- If you have or had hypotension, irregular heartbeat, heart failure or any heart disease.
Side effects of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Headache, fever, drowsiness
- Stomach pain, stomach discomfort, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, constipation, heartburn
- Increased liver enzymes
- Rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Montek AB tablet during pregnancy?
Montek AB tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medication.
Can I take Montek AB tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Montek AB tablet on breastfeeding. Use while breastfeeding is not recommended, inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Montek AB tablet?
Montek AB tablet does not affect the ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness, drowsiness, headache, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Montek AB tablet?
No, you should not consume alcohol with Montek AB tablet. It might reduce the effectiveness and increases the drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had any liver, kidney or heart disease or disorder.
- You are giving it to the elderly patient with age more than 65 years.
- You have any other medical condition like hyperthyroidism or hypertension, stomach or intestinal ulcer or fits and are on any medication.
- You experience any psychiatric events after taking Montek AB tablet.
- You experience any unusual symptoms.
- Montek AB tablet should not be replaced with other medicine suddenly. It should not be used for an acute asthma attack.
- Montek AB should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast helps control the symptoms by blocking the actions of substances in the body called Leukotrienes, which cause narrowing and swelling of airways in the lungs and cause symptoms of allergicrhinitis and asthma....Read more
- Acebrophylline works by relaxing the muscles of the airway, thinning and loosening the mucus of the airways, which makes it easy to breathe in for people with lung problems. It also has an anti-inflammatory action which helps to treat any underlying cause....Read more
Directions for Use of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
Montek AB tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your do
Interactions of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat infections such as erythromycin, ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, amoxicillin increases the effect of Montek AB tablet when used concomitantly.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat heart disease such as furosemide, diltiazem, verapamil, isoprenaline may increase the effect of Montek AB tablet.
- Medicines used to treat fits and tuberculosis such as phenytoin, phenobarbital and rifampin decrease the effect of Montek AB tablet when co-administered.
- Medicines used to treat abnormal blood lipid levels such as gemfibrozil may increase the effect of Montek AB tablet when co-administered.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Montek Ab Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Excess of Montek AB tablet may cause stomach pain, sleepiness, thirst, headache, vomiting, nausea, chest pain, bloody vomit, restlessness, fits and increased heart rate.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Montek AB tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Montek AB tablet a steroid medicine?
A: No, Montek AB tablet is not a steroid medicine. It belongs to the anti-allergic class of medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Montek AB tablet if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Montek AB tablet until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to a serious breathing problem, which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: Can I take an additional dose of Montek AB tablet during a sudden asthma attack?
A: No, Montek AB tablet should not be used for sudden (acute) asthma attacks as it takes time to act, and it does not relieve your obstructive symptoms immediately. You must use an asthma inhaler for any such emergencies. Reach out to your doctor immediately.
Q: Is Montek AB tablet safe to use in elderly people?
A: No, it should not be given without consulting your doctor. Elderly people are more prone to suffer from a certain medical condition. Montek AB tablet needs to be administered cautiously in them. Hence, consulting your doctor is necessary before you start this medicine.
Q: Can Montek AB tablet make you sleepy?
A: Medicine along with desired effects possess side effects as well but not everyone gets affected. Yes, drowsiness is a common side effect of Montek AB tablet. If the drowsiness starts hampering your daily life, consult your doctor who might suggest another anti-allergic medicine which does not cause sleepiness.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 11 Sep 2021 | 09:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved