Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
Monda 4mg Injection 2ml Description
Monda 4mg Inj 2ml is used to prevent nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy and radiation therapy. It contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. Monda 4mg Inj 2ml works by blocking th
e action of a natural chemical called serotonin which may cause nausea or vomiting. Before taking this Monda 4mg Inj 2ml you should inform your doctor about any known allergy to similar medicines.
Uses of Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
Contraindications of Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of Monda 4mg Inj 2ml .
- If you are taking apomorphine used in people with advanced Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
Other General Warnings
- You have stomach problems like blockage in your stomach.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, irregular heartbeats or abnormal heart rhythm.
- You have any liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in your blood.
- Children that receive Ondansetron with medicines that are harmful to liver should regularly go for check-up for liver problems.
Mode of Action of Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
- Monda 4mg Inj 2ml will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an . Do not self-inject.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Monda 4mg Inj 2ml may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medications like amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or diseases.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like doxorubicin, trastuzumab, atenolol or timolol & halofantrine, antibiotic like erythromycin, antifungal like ketoconazole.
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take this medicine along with Apomorphine, hence both these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain like Tramadol may not work properly when taken together with Monda 4mg Inj 2ml .
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat the mental state like citalopram, sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin should be used cautiously with Monda 4mg Inj 2ml .
Storage and disposal of Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
- Store Monda 4mg Inj 2ml under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Monda 4mg Injection 2ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Monda 4mg Inj 2ml good for motion sickness?
Q: What is the use of Monda 4mg Inj 2ml ?
Q: How does Monda 4mg Inj 2ml work?
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Ondansetron [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]