Momoz T Cream
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Momoz T Cream Description
Momoz T Cream is used to treat fungal infections along with redness and itching of the skin. It contains a combination of mometasone and terbinafine. This medicine belongs to the antifungal class of
medicines. This Cream acts by reducing the redness and itching and inhibiting the fungal growth. You should not use it for any other skin condition. This Cream should be used externally only. Do not use this Cream in or around your eyes, including eyelids. You may experience side effects such as dry skin, skin irritation, peeling of the skin. Do not stop using this Cream abruptly unless advised by your doctor.
|You Save||₹30.48 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Terbinafine(1.0 %) + Mometasone(0.1 %)|
|Side effects||Dry skin, skin irritation, peeling of the skin|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTI-FUNGAL AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Terbinafine(1.0 %) + Mometasone(0.1 %)
Uses of Momoz T Cream
Momoz T Cream is used to treat fungal infections along with redness and itching of the skin.
Contraindications of Momoz T Cream
- If you are allergic to mometasone, terbinafine or any of the components of Momoz T Cream.
- If you have any other skin conditions such as acne, thinning of the skin, cold sores, chickenpox, itching in the genital region, nappy rash, ulcerated skin, wounds, reactivation of chickenpox virus, skin growth....
Side effects of Momoz T Cream
- Dry skin
- Skin irritation
- Peeling of the skin
- Hair infection
- Thinning of the skin
- Skin discolouration
- Stretch marks
- Excessive hair growth
Precautions and Warnings of Momoz T Cream
Can I use Momoz T Cream during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the effect of Momoz T Cream on pregnancy. This medicine is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little and there are rare chances of absorption. Still, this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I use Momoz T Cream while breastfeeding?
The Momoz T Cream should not be used while breastfeeding and the infant should not come in contact with treated skin area like the breast. Always consult and inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding while using this Cream.
Can I drive if I have applied Momoz T Cream?
Momoz T does not impair driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Momoz T Cream application?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this Cream. However, alcohol consumption delays the healing of infection. Hence it is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You notice any growth filled with pus under your skin.
- You experience blurring of vision, skin irritation after applying, facial swelling, weakness and tiredness.
- You have diabetes.
- Avoid contact with eye or eyelids.
- You are using it for children above 12 years of age since it should be used cautiously.
Mode of Action of Momoz T Cream
How Does It Work?
- Momoz T Cream contains mometasone and terbinafine. which is an antifungal agent.
- Mometasone acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps in reducing swelling, redness, itching caused by various skin conditions.
- Terbinafine medicine interferes with the biosynthesis of fungus within fungal cells, thus it inhibits the growth of the fungus.
Directions for Use of Momoz T Cream
- Use Momoz T Cream as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Momoz T Cream
Interactions with other medicines
Since Momoz T Cream is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Momoz T Cream
- Store this Cream below 25ºC.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Discard this Cream after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Momoz T Cream
- As Momoz T Cream is meant for external application cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you forgot to apply the Cream, then apply the desired amount as soon as you remember it. Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Momoz T Cream a steroid?
A: Momoz T Cream contains a combination of mometasone and terbinafine, where mometasone belongs to the steroid group of medicine and terbinafine belongs to an antifungal group of medicine.
Q: My Doctor has advised me to use Momoz T Cream. How should I apply it? Do I have to rub the area after application?
A: Momoz T Cream is to be applied only to the external body area. Apply it in such a way that it forms a thin layer over the affected area. Rubbing the affected area after the application is not advisable. Always seek your doctor’s advice whenever in doubt.
Q: I am using Momoz T Cream for the last 3 weeks but now I feel I am not having symptoms anymore, so can I stop using this Cream?
A: It is not advisable to stop using this Cream abruptly. Always consult your doctor before stopping this Cream.
- Elocon Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- Lamisil 1% w/w Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed