Modlip 5mg Tablet
Modlip 5 MG Description
Modlip Tablet is a medicine used to lower blood cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart diseases. It contains atorvastatin as its active ingredient, also known as statins. This medicine is used as a
n adjuvant to diet in patients with high cholesterol and abnormal levels of cholesterol. This medicine decreases the synthesis of cholesterol in the body. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor in the prescribed doses, at a fixed time to gain optimum benefits. You should avoid consuming high fat, fried or junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefit along with Modlip Tablet.
- Tg Tor 5mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 77.40₹ 77.41₹ 7.74/Tablet
- Atorva 5mg Tablets 15'sBy Zydus Healthcare Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 128.75₹ 109.44₹ 7.30/Tablet
- Atocor 5mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.75₹ 6.38/Tablet
- Xtor 5mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.75₹ 71.06₹ 7.11/Tablet
- Atorlip 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.52₹ 96.49₹ 6.43/Tablet
- Storvas 5mg 15'sBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 97.75₹ 6.52/Tablet
- Aztor 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 97.75₹ 6.52/Tablet
- Lipicure 5mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 56.10₹ 5.61/Tablet
- Atorfit 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Ajanta Pharma Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 44.87₹ 44.8735.42% CHEAPER₹ 2.99/Tablet
- Zivast 5mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 34.90₹ 29.6635.85% CHEAPER₹ 2.97/Tablet
Uses of Modlip 5 MG
- Used to lower cholesterol levels.
- Used to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Contraindications of Modlip 5 MG
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have liver disease and your liver tests are abnormal.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Modlip 5 MG
- Muscle pain
- Joint pains
Precautions and Warnings of Modlip 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems
- You have recently or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury
- You are an alcoholic.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
- You are already taking any other medicines for health conditions.
Mode of Action of Modlip 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Modlip 5 MG
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor in the duration and doses it is prescribed
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day.
Interactions of Modlip 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Modlip Tablet works or Modlip Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other cholesterol-lowering medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers like phenazone, anti-infectives, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, medicines used to treat hepatitis C like telaprevir, antacids etc....
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid consuming grapefruit juice during the treatment, as it can alter the effect of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Modlip 5 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Modlip 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Modlip Tablet cause acidity?
Q: What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking Modlip Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Modlip Tablet on my own?
Q: Is Modlip Tablet good for cholesterol?
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]