Mext 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Mext 10 MG Description
Mext Tablet is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It contains methotrexate as an active ingredient. You should never suggest this medicine to anyone, even if their condition
is similar to yours. The doctor will decide the dosage and frequency of this medicine based on your clinical condition. You should take this medicine exactly as suggested by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Also inform about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Mext Tablet.
Uses of Mext 10 MG
Contraindications of Mext 10 MG
- If you are allergic to methotrexate or any of the ingredients of Mext Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions like liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have low levels of white blood cells and platelets.
- If you recently had an injection of live vaccines.
- If you have mouth ulcers or ulcers in the stomach/intestine.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Mext 10 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Mouth ulcers
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Mext 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any medical condition like blood disorder, kidney disorder, intestinal disorder, lung disease, a brain-related disorder.
- You have mouth ulcers.
- You have diabetes or are being treated with insulin.
Mode of Action of Mext 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Mext Tablet stops or reduces inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis by altering the body’s defenses.
- In psoriasis, it kills the cells in the skin, which are growing too quickly. It is these fast growing cells, which cause the raised patches of skin in psoriasis.
Directions for Use of Mext 10 MG
- Take Mext Tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Mext 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mext Tablet works, or this Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat diabetes (metformin), pain (phenylbutazone), fluid accumulation (furosemide), bacterial infection (tetracycline), fits/seizures (phenytoin), cancer (doxorubicin), gout (probenecid)....
Storage and disposal of Mext 10 MG
- Store Mext Tablet in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mext 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before using Mext Tablet?
Q: How long will it take to feel better with the intake of Mext Tablet?
Q: What is the use of Mext Tablet?
Q: Is Mext Tablet a painkiller medicine?
- Maxtrex 2.5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Medex tablet [Internet]. medex.com.bd. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Maxtrex 2.5 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]