Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
By LEKAR PHARMA LTD
20g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment contains Metronidazole and Povidone-iodine, used to treat wounds and burns of the skin. It works by killing the microorganisms. Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment is for external use only. Before and after applying this medicine, wash your hands and keep the affected area clean and dry. Avoid contact with the eye. It should be used as prescribed by your doctor for the defined duration. If you experience skin irritation after applying this medicine, talk to your doctor.
Uses of Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment is used to treat infected wounds and ulcers of the skin.
Contraindications of Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
- If you are allergic to Metronidazole, Iodine, Povidone or any other component of Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment.
- If you have thyroid disease.
Side effects of Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
- Skin irritation
- Redness of skin
- Metallic taste
- Tingling or numbness of extremities
Precautions and Warnings of Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
Can I use Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment during pregnancy?
Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin are too little and there are rare chances of absorption. Still, this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I use Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment while breastfeeding?
Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment should not be applied to the breast of breastfeeding mothers or elsewhere on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have used Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment?
Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment?
You should not consume alcohol with Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment, as it may cause undesirable side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had any allergic result with a similar class of medicine
- You have or had any blood disorders
- You have any other medical condition
Mode of Action of Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment contains Metronidazole and Povidone-Iodine.
- Metronidazole is an antibiotic, works by stopping the growth of the bacteria (or parasites), causing the infection.
- Povidone-Iodine is an antiseptic, works slowly by releasing iodine, which kills or prevents the growth of the microorganisms.
Directions for Use of Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
- Use Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only. Apply it on clean and dry affected skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
- Store Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment at a temperature below 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Metrogyl P 2% Ointment 20gm
- Excessive of Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment may cause skin irritation.
- As Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment is meant for external application, cases of overapplication are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment be used for burns?
A: Yes, Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment can be used to treat burns.
Q: Will Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment solution stain my skin or clothes?
A: Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment contains Povidone-iodine, which can stain the area where you have applied it due to its natural brown color. However, it does not permanently stain your skin and fingernails. The stain can be removed from your clothes with soap and water.
Q: Can I use Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment on an open wound?
A: Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment is an antiseptic used to treat or prevent infections in wounds such as ulcers, small burns or cuts. Special care should be taken if you apply Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment on open large wounds as there may be a risk of excessive absorption of iodine in the blood, which may cause toxicity.
Q: Is Metrogyl-P 2% Ointment safe to use in children?
A: Safety in children has not been established. Use it, if it is advised by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:16 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved