Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metpure XL 25mg tablets contains Metoprolol. It belongs to a class of medicines called beta-blockers. It is used to treat high blood pressure and chest pain. It thereby reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Some of the common side effects that one may experience on taking this medicine is nausea, tiredness, feeling dizzy, decreased heart rate and headache. Make sure that you take the medicine regularly preferably at the same time each day for the best results. It is highly recommended to complete the entire course of the medicine to achieve better control over your blood pressure. Please consult and inform your doctor about all your health conditions before taking this medicine.
Uses of Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- High blood pressure
- Chest pain (angina pectoris)
- Irregular heart rhythm
Contraindications of Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from a heart conduction problem (like AV block) or uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you are suffering from sick sinus syndrome (abnormal heart rhythms due to malfunction of sinus node).
- If you have continuous chest pain that occurs when you are at rest, between midnight and early morning (Prinzmetal's angina).
- If you have reduced blood supply to your limbs (peripheral arterial disease).
- If you have severe asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- If you are suffering from untreated high blood pressure due to a tumour in the adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma).
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body).
- If you are using medicines to treat irregular heart rhythm like disopyramide.
- If you have diabetes associated with frequent low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia).
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension).
Side effects of Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Low blood pressure when you stand
- Slow heart rate
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Metpure XL 25mg tablets during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take Metpure XL 25mg tablets while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into the mother’s milk and not recommended if you are breastfeeding.
- The infant needs close monitoring for side effects like slowing heart rate in such cases.
Can I drive if I have consumed Metpure XL 25mg tablets?
This medicine affects your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience dizziness and tiredness.
Can I consume alcohol with Metpure XL 25mg tablets?
Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine as it may cause increased sleepiness or a drop in blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma.
- You have diabetes, caution is required, Metoprolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc.read less
- You have a tumour of adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from psoriasis.
- You have a circulation related problem in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
Mode of Action of Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Metpure XL 25mg tablets work by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take the tablet in dose and duration as recommended by your doctor.
- Consume the tablet as a whole with a glass of water, do not break or crush the tablet.
- Always take it at the same time every day.
Interactions of Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat irregular heart rhythm (Amiodarone, disopyramide).
- Medicines used to treat pain or inflammation (Indomethacin, Sulindac, Diclofenac and Foctafenine).
- Medicines used to treat brain and mood disorders (Fluoxetine, Paroxetine and Bupropion).
- Medicines used to treat mental conditions (antipsychotic) like Thioridazine.
- Medicines used to treat HIV (antiretroviral) like Ritonavir.
- Medicines used to treat allergies (antihistamine) like Diphenhydramine.
- Medicines used to treat malaria (Hydroxychloroquine, Mefloquine).
- Medicines used to treat fungal infection of the skin (Terbinafine).
- Medicines used to treat acidity or ulcers (antacids) like Cimetidine.
- Medicines used to treat heart problems (Digoxin).
- Medicine used in acute shock and severe allergic reaction (Epinephrine).
- Medicine used to reduce swelling of the nose (Phenylpropanolamine).
- Eye drops like other beta-blockers.
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders and Parkinson’s disease (Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors).
- Medicines used to lower down the blood pressure (Clonidine, Guanfacine, Moxonidine, Methyldopa, Rilmenidine).
- Medicines used to treat migraine (Ergotamine).
- Medicines used to treat chest pain (Nitroglycerine).
- General anaesthetics or local anaesthetic (Lidocaine).
- Medicines used to reduce blood sugar levels like Insulin and oral antidiabetic medicines.
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia (Prazosine, Tamsulosin, Terazosin, Doxazosin).
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin).
Interactions with food items
You must take this medicine dose on an empty stomach without food.
Storage and disposal of Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the medicine that has passed its expiry date.
Dosage of Metpure Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose include low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, heart failure, shock, loss of consciousness, coma, nausea, vomiting, bluish colour of the lips, tongue and skin, low levels of potassium or calcium in the blood. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop this medication on my own?
A: If you stop a beta-blocker suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, fainting, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., then immediately report to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the medication of MetpureXL 25mg tablets?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure if any.
Q: Does Metpure XL 25 mg tablet cause weight gain?
A: Yes, weight gain is one of the reported side effects of Metpure XL 25mg. It is not a commonly reported side effect but can be experienced by some.
Q: Should I take this medicine with or without food?
A: Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor. Do take it regularly at the same time. Do not abruptly stop the medicine.
Q: Does Metpure XL 25 mg tablet lower heart rate?
A: Metpure XL 25 mg tablet contains metoprolol which belongs to the class of beta-blockers. They interfere with the body's response to the nerve impulses in the heart, thereby slowing the heart rate and maintaining healthy blood pressure. Thus, you may experience a lower heart rate after taking Metpure XL 25 mg tablet.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Apr 2021 | 01:42 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved