Metocontin 15mg Tablet
By MODI MUNDI PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metocontin Tablet is used to control nausea, vomiting. It is also used to improve gastric emptying by restoring the normal coordination and tone the upper digestive tract in certain digestive tract disorders. It contains metoclopramide as its active ingredient. It works by inhibiting a natural substance in the body, known as dopamine. Thus, it speeds up stomach emptying and movement of the intestine. Metocontin Tablet should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. It works best when taken on an empty stomach. Some of the common side effects of this Tablet are dizziness, stomach pain and diarrhoea. These side effects usually go away with time. However, if you feel your condition deteriorates, consult your doctor or visit the hospital....
|You Save||₹11.82 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, stomach pain, diarrhoea, feeling low, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoclopramide(15.0 Mg)
Uses of Metocontin 15 MG
- Metocontin Tablet is used for the treatment of nausea, vomiting and for restoring normal coordination and tone of the digestive tract.
- It is also used to relieve the symptoms of heartburn, dyspepsia, nausea and vomiting associated with certain digestive system disorders.
Contraindications of Metocontin 15 MG
- If you are allergic to metoclopramide or any other ingredients of Metocontin Tablet.
- If you have bleeding, obstruction or tear in any part of your digestive tract.
- If you have a rare tumour, called pheochromocytoma (releases too much of epinephrine and norepinephrine).
- If you ever had a muscle spasm or muscle problem after taking any medicine.
- If you experience fits, seizure or have Parkinson's disease (a brain-related disorder that leads to poor coordination, shakiness and stiffness).
- If are taking a medicine containing Levodopa, used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
- If you are taking medicines such as Ropinirole, Pramipexole (used for the treatment of restless legs syndrome).
- If you ever had a condition of abnormal blood pigment levels or NADH cytochrome-b5 deficiency.
- Metocontin Tablet is not meant to be used in children less than one year of age.
Side effects of Metocontin 15 MG
- Stomach pain
- Feeling low
- Uncontrollable movements
Precautions and Warnings of Metocontin 15 MG
Can I take Metocontin Tablet during pregnancy?
Metocontin Tablets can be used during pregnancy if prescribed by the doctor. However, it should be avoided during late pregnancy (or at the end of pregnancy). If used, the newborn should be monitored.
Can I take Metocontin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Metocontin Tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding as it passes into human milk. Consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Metocontin Tablet?
Metocontin Tablet may hamper alertness and concentration, which is essential during driving. Thus, it is better to avoid using this medicine while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Metocontin Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with Metocontin Tablet as alcohol may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems like abnormal heartbeats.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have a salt imbalance in your body like potassium, sodium and magnesium.
- You have any brain-related problems.
- You are using other medicines known to affect the way your heartbeats.
- You ever had a condition of abnormal blood pigment levels. Your doctor may monitor your blood regularly.
- Metocontin Tablets should not be given to baby less than one-year-old.
Mode of Action of Metocontin 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Metocontin Tablet works by acting on a certain part of the brain and causes an increase in tone and movement of the digestive tract. This leads to improved gastric emptying and movement of food through the stomach and intestine....
Directions for Use of Metocontin 15 MG
- Metocontin Tablets should be taken as instructed by your doctor as a whole with a glass of water.
- For it to work optimally, it should be preferably taken on an empty stomach.
Interactions of Metocontin 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Metocontin Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You should not concomitantly use Tablet along with medicine to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa, a medicine used to treat stomach cramps like atropine, dicyclomine as it may be harmful.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with medicines like morphine or alprazolam, diazepam used to treat severe pain.
- Concomitant use, along with medicines like fluoxetine and paroxetine to treat mental illness, may increase the effects of this medicine.
- Other medicines like digoxin used to treat heart disease, cyclosporine used to treat certain immune system problems, mivacurium and suxamethonium used to relax muscles should be used cautiously while on treatment with Metocontin Tablets....
Storage and disposal of Metocontin 15 MG
- Store Metocontin Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Metocontin 15 MG
Symptoms an overdose of this medicine includes lack of coordination, drowsiness, hallucination, loss of consciousness, etc. If you have taken too much of this medicine, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the normal dosing schedule. Do not take two doses together to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to take Metocontin Tablet?
A: Metocontin Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. It may preferably be taken before meals on an empty stomach.
Q: What should I tell my healthcare practitioner before starting Metocontin Tablet?
A: Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are currently taking or might take. You should also tell them about any allergy and your medical history.
Q: What is Metocontin Tablet used for?
- Metocontin Tablet is used for treating nausea, vomiting and for restoring normal coordination and tone of the digestive tract.
- It also relieves symptoms of heartburn, dyspepsia, nausea and vomiting associated with certain digestive system disorders.
Q: Can we take Metocontin after meals?
A: Metocontin works best when taken on an empty stomach. However, if you have any doubts about how and when to take this medicine, consult a doctor.
Q: Does Metocontin cause constipation?
A: No, Metocontin does not cause constipation. However, if you experience any such kind of symptom during the treatment, consult a doctor.
- Reglan (Metoclopramide) tablets, for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Maxolon Tablets 10mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Metoclopramide Hcl: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Metoclopramide: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- LactMed - Metoclopramide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Metoclopramide 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.