Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ERIS LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metital tablet SR is a combination medicine that is used to treat polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). It consists of Metformin and Myo-Inositol as its active ingredients. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and also your detailed medical history. Patients are advised to maintain a strict exercise and diet regimen along with this medicine to get the best possible effect.
Uses of Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
Metital tablet SR is used for the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Contraindications of Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, myo-Inositol or any other ingredients of Metital tablet SR.
- As it is a combination of different components, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Metital tablet SR during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using Metital tablet SR during pregnancy as there is limited safety information available in pregnant women.
Can I take Metital tablet SR while breastfeeding?
Please consult your doctor before using Metital tablet SR while breastfeeding as there is limited information available about its safety.
Can I drive if I have consumed Metital tablet SR?
You should avoid driving a vehicle or operating heavy machinery if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Metital tablet SR?
You should not consume alcohol while on treatment with Metital tablet SR.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys or any other underlying health conditions.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You consume alcohol regularly.
- You have thyroid problems.
- You have problems with your mental health.
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Metital tablet SR.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
- Do not use Metital tablet SR for any other condition than that prescribed by your doctor.
Mode of Action of Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Metital tablet SR helps in regulating your hormonal imbalance and menstrual cycle, thus helps in managing polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Directions for Use of Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
Metital tablet SR should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Metital tablet SR works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. As this medicine contains two different components, any interaction seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination.Read less
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking oral contraceptives, steroids, water pills, antibiotics, medicine to treat your heart condition, mental health problems etc..
Storage and disposal of Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Metital tablet SR in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Metital Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have consumed too much of Metital tablet SR and experience any kind of unusual symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Metital tablet SR, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is PCOD?
A: PCOD means Polycystic Ovarian Disease. It is a hormonal disorder causing enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edges. Symptoms may include menstrual irregularity, excess hair growth, acne and obesity.
Q: How long to take Metital tablet SR?
A: The dose and duration of Metital tablet SR will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Is Metital tablet SR addictive?
A: No, Metital tablet SR is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Any specific diet should I follow if I have PCOD?
- Our diet should include natural, unprocessed foods, high-fiber foods, fish, spinach, and other dark, leafy green, red grapes, blueberries, blackberries, broccoli, cauliflower etc.
- Along with medication and just by controlling our diet, we can manage the symptoms and reduce the risk of any medical condition.
- Role of metformin in the management of PCOS. NCBI. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
- INOSITOL: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
- Glucophage 500 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Hormones and Related Drugs: 234-335.
- Effect of Myoinositol and Metformin in patients of PCOS. IJRCOG. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Symptoms and treatment [Internet]. Patient.info. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹35.14 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg),Myo-inositol / Inositol(600.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, tiredness, stomach pain, dizziness|
Last Updated on: 21 Jul 2021 | 11:09 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved