Metapro Xl 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By MICRO LABS
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metapro -XL 25 tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure and also reduces the risk of further complications. It contains metoprolol as an active ingredient that belongs to a "Selective beta-blocker" class of medicine, having action specific to the heart muscles. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and decreasing the blood pressure. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine. Metapro -XL 25 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age....
|You Save||₹12.22 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||High blood pressure, heart conditions|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, difficulty in breathing, low blood pressure|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Metapro Xl 25 MG
Metapro -XL 25 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
Contraindications of Metapro Xl 25 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or any other ingredients of Metapro -XL 25 tablet.
- If you have any kind of heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure, irregular heartbeat.
- If you have any pre-existing medical condition such as asthma or any lung condition, low blood pressure, diabetes, liver or kidney problem, etc.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Metapro Xl 25 MG
- Decreased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Metapro Xl 25 MG
Can I take Metapro -XL 25 tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Metapro -XL 25 tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the pregnancy and also if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Metapro -XL 25 tablet while breastfeeding?
Metapro -XL 25 tablet passes into the breast milk and may cause harm to the breastfeeding infant. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Metapro -XL 25 tablet?
Metapro -XL 25 tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. So, be cautious while driving after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Metapro -XL 25 tablet?
Alcohol might increase sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Therefore, avoid drinking alcohol while taking Metapro -XL 25 tablets.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergic reactions.
- You had any side effects after taking Metapro -XL 25 tablet.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, heart condition, liver or kidney disease, muscle weakness.
- You are suffering from a condition called phaeochromocytoma (high blood pressure due to a tumour near the kidney).
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Metapro -XL 25 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Metapro Xl 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Metapro -XL 25 tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Metapro Xl 25 MG
Metapro -XL 25 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Metapro Xl 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of this medicine if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are currently consuming, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking any pain killers, other anti-hypertensive medicines, anti-tuberculosis medicines, anti-allergic medicine, anaesthetic like lidocaine, medicines for erectile dysfunction, medicines for mood and sleeping disorders, antidiabetic medicine like Insulin, etc....
Storage and disposal of Metapro Xl 25 MG
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Metapro Xl 25 MG
Excess of Metapro -XL 25 tablets may cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, heart failure, decreases blood sugar and oxygen levels, altered electrolyte levels and coma. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Take a dose as soon as you remember if you have missed a dose. However, if you are close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Try to follow the Metapro -XL 25 tablet dosage regimen regularly. Do not take extra doses of the medicine to make up for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop Metapro -XL 25 tablet on my own?
A: If you stop a beta-blocker suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I follow when on Metapro -XL 25 tablet?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., then immediately report to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the medication of Metapro Xl 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure if any.
Q: I have asthma. Is it safe for me to take Metapro -XL 25 tablet?
A: Some conditions like asthma might affect the use of Metapro -XL 25 tablets. Inform your doctor in detail about all the medical conditions and medications, before taking Metapro -XL 25 tablet.
Q: Is Metapro -XL 25 tablet a beta-blocker?
A: Yes, Metapro -XL 25 tablet is a selective beta-blocker, which is specific to the heart muscles.
- Metoprolol Tartrate tablets BP 50mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]
- Metoprolol Tartrate tablets BP 50mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 June 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.