Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
By AKUMENTIS HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Met-Pco Care tablet is a combination medicine. It is used for the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). It contains metformin, vitamin B12, folic acid and inositol (Myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol). PCOS is a hormonal disorder of women in which your body produces more male sex hormones than normal. The usual symptoms of PCOS include irregular periods, difficulty in getting pregnant, facial hair, weight gain, thinning of hair and acne. Women with PCOS are often insulin resistant that is they can make insulin but can’t use it effectively. This medicine helps regularise your menstrual cycle, ovulation and improves insulin resistance. This medicine should be used in combination with a diet and exercise program for the best results....
|You Save||₹51.84 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(750.0 Mcg),D-Chiroinositol(13.8 Mg),Metformin(500.0 Mg),Myo-Inositol / Inositol(550.0 Mg),Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Polycystic ovarian syndrome|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, constipation|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE|
Check more medicines with composition as Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(750.0 Mcg) + D-Chiroinositol(13.8 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Myo-Inositol / Inositol(550.0 Mg) + Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(0.5 Mg)
Uses of Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
For the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Contraindications of Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have liver or severe kidney problems.
- If you consume alcohol too often.
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes.
- If you have any heart problems or if you recently had a heart attack.
- If you have a severe infection of the lung or kidney. Infections can increase the risk for lactic acidosis.
Side effects of Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Mild diarrhoea
- Stomach pain
- Altered taste sensations
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Met-Pco Care tablet during pregnancy?
Due to limited safety information available, this should not be used during pregnancy unless considered safe by a doctor.
Can I take Met-Pco Care tablet while breastfeeding?
Due to limited safety information available, this medicine should not be used by a breastfeeding woman unless considered safe by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Met-Pco Care tablet?
Be cautious while driving. If you experience any symptoms while taking this medicine that makes you unable to perform skilled activities avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Met-Pco Care tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffering from continuous diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids.
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating or inability to concentrate.
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
- You have any other medical condition, you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Met-Pco Care tablet contains a combination of metformin, vitamin B12, folic acid, Myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol. It works by the combined action of all these ingredients.
- Met-Pro Care tablet helps improve insulin sensitivity and this reduces blood sugar levels in women with PCOS. It also encourages ovulation, regularises periods and restores hormonal balance.
Directions for Use of Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Met-Pco Care tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- To get maximum benefits this should be used with a proper diet and exercise regimen.
Interactions of Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicine may affect the way Met-Pco Care tablet works or Met-Pco Care tablet itself can alter the action of other medicines taken along.
- Before initiating the treatment with this medicine inform your doctor about all the medicine, supplement or herbals you are taking to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Met Pco Care Strip Of 10 Tablets
An overdose of Met-Pco Care may lead to undesirable effects. Seek immediate medical advice in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take Met-Pro Care tablets?
A: The dose and frequency of this medicine will be decided by your doctor. This medicine should be taken with a meal or after a meal.
Q: What are the lifestyle changes I should follow while taking Met-Pro Care tablets?
A: Women with PCOS often put on weight, losing an excess of weight can reduce the symptoms and long term health risks. You can follow an exercise regimen to reduce weight and incorporate a healthy and balanced diet. Try to consume more fresh fruits, whole grains, vegetables, lean meat and fish.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome - Treatment [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and Diabetes [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]
- Khalil I. The Effect of Vitamin B and Folic Acid Supplementation on Plasma Homocystiene Levels in Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treated with Metformin. A Randomized Controlled Trial [Internet]. Austinpublishinggroup.com. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]
- METFORMIN USE IN POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME [Internet]. Thewomens.r.worldssl.net. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]
- Metformin for the treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome [Internet]. www.monash.edu [cited 26 October 2021]
- The difference between inositol, myo-inositol and d-chiro inositol - Inositoli.it [Internet]. Inositoli.it. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]
- Benefits of Myo-Inositol for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) [Internet]. Nutri Advanced. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.