Mentol 20mg Tablets
Mentol 20 MG Description
Mentol 20 mg tab is mainly used for the treatment of depression. It comes under the therapeutic classification of antidepressants called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI). It is composed
of fluoxetine. Mentol 20 mg tab is also used to treat other conditions like major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bulimia nervosa, panic disorder and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Mentol 20 mg tab is used to treat symptoms of depressive illness, with or without associated anxiety symptoms. Obsessive-compulsive disorder is characterised by irrational thoughts and fears that lead to compulsive behaviours. On the other hand, bulimia nervosa is a potentially life-threatening eating disorder. It is characterised by extreme overeating followed by fasting or self vomiting or purging. Menthol 20 mg tab is not used for children below 7 years of age. Antidepressants like Mentol 20 mg tab have shown increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults in short-term studies. Careful monitoring should be done in such cases and contact your doctor immediately. Menthol 20 mg tab should be taken in dosage and duration as advised by your doctor. Your physician will adjust or decrease your dose to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause clinical worsening of your condition. Consult your doctor before you completely stop taking this medicine.
|You Save||₹5.54 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Acute and maintenance treatment of Major Depressive Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic disorder with or without agoraphobia, Premenstrual dysphoric disorder.|
|Side effects||Anxiety, Nervousness, Decreased libido, Sleeplessness, Abnormal dreams, Lethargy, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Vomiting, Dry mouth|
Uses of Mentol 20 MG
- Acute and maintenance treatment of Major Depressive Disorder
- Acute and maintenance treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Acute treatment of panic disorder with or without agoraphobia
- Treatment of Premenstrual dysphoric disorder.
Contraindications of Mentol 20 MG
- If you are allergic to fluoxetine or any other ingredients present in the medicine
- If you are taking antidepressants like Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI).
- If you are taking medicines like pimozide, that can prolong the QT interval.
Side effects of Mentol 20 MG
- Decreased libido
- Abnormal dreams
- Blurred vision
- Prolonged QT
- Any allergic reactions
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Mentol 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any of the side effects mentioned above
- You are breastfeeding, pregnant or planning to conceive.
- Your symptoms do not resolve or clinical worsening of the condition.
- You have a history of blood (abnormal bleeding), hepatic and kidney problems.
- You experience suicidal thoughts and behavioural changes.
- You have bipolar disorders, seizures, QT prolongation on ECG.
Mode of Action of Mentol 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mentol 20 MG
- Take the Mentol 20 mg tab in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Mentol 20mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- It is better to take it at a fixed time to maintain a constant level of medicine in the body and achieve the desired clinical effect.
- Continue taking this medicine as long as your doctor recommends.
Interactions of Mentol 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Interaction with Monoamine oxidase inhibitors like linezolid and methylene blue and serotonergic medicines like triptans tramadol can cause serotonin syndrome.
- Interaction with metoprolol can inhibit the metabolism of metoprolol and cause excessive bradycardia (slow heart rate).
- Interaction with antipsychotics (pimozide, haloperidol), tricyclic antidepressants and antihistamines can prolong QT interval.
- Interaction with oral anticoagulants like aspirin NSAID can increase the risk of bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Unless your doctor suggests, there is no need to avoid any type of food or drink.
Storage and disposal of Mentol 20 MG
Dosage of Mentol 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Mentol 20 mg tab be used for all age groups?
Q: Is Mentol 20 mg tab a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Can you stop taking Mentol 20 mg tab if you feel well?
- Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from:
- Fluoxetine 20 mg Capsules [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from:
- User. Prozac capsule [Internet]. Gov.my. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from:
- Government of Canada, Health Canada, Public Affairs, Consultation, Regions Branch. Drug product database online query. 2012 [cited 2022 Jan 26]; Available from: