Megazolid 600mg Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Megazolid Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing Linezolid, used to treat respiratory and skin infections, caused by certain types of bacteria only. This medicine is not recommended in young and adolescent patients who are less than 18 years old. You must complete the entire course of duration with this medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not discontinue once you start feeling better. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and headaches are some common side effects of this medicine, these are temporary and go away on their own. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, then immediately inform your doctor.
Uses of Megazolid 600mg Tablet
Megazolid Tablet is used to treat infections of the lung (pneumonia), skin and soft tissues, caused by a certain bacteria.
Contraindications of Megazolid 600mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Linezolid or any of the ingredients in this medicine.
- If you are taking or have taken medicines for brain-related diseases such as Phenelzine, Selegiline or Moclobemide in the last 2 weeks.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Megazolid 600mg Tablet
- Low blood cell counts (anemia)
- Fungal infections
- Altered taste
- Pain or bloating of stomach, abnormal liver function tests
- Itching, rashes, fever
Precautions and Warnings of Megazolid 600mg Tablet
Can I take Megazolid Tablet during pregnancy?
Megazolid Tablet should not be used in pregnancy unless necessary, as limited information is available on the use of this medicine in pregnancy.
Can I take Megazolid Tablet while breastfeeding?
Megazolid Tablet passes into breast milk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. Hence, it is recommended not to breastfeed while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Megazolid Tablet?
Caution is advisable as this medicine may cause side effects like dizziness and impaired vision. Driving should be avoided if any such symptoms occur.
Can I consume alcohol with Megazolid Tablet?
Megazolid Tablet reacts with a substance called tyramine in alcohol and causes a rise in blood pressure. Hence, it is advisable to avoid alcohol or take it as less as possible during treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have any thyroid problems.
- You have cancer of the adrenal glands (small glands/ tissue present on the top of kidneys) or carcinoid syndrome (cancers of the hormonal system that may cause sweating, redness of skin or diarrhoea).
- You are suffering from any psychiatric disorders such as confusion, schizophrenia or any other brain problems.
- You have low red blood cell counts (anemia) or any bleeding problems (bleed or bruise easily).
- You are at risk for or get infections or you have diarrhoea.
- You have a history of convulsions (fits).
- You have liver or kidney problems (and if you are on dialysis for kidney failure).
Mode of Action of Megazolid 600mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Megazolid Tablet works by blocking the formation of proteins required by the bacteria for their growth and multiplication. This will arrest the spread of bacteria and control the infection.
Directions for Use of Megazolid 600mg Tablet
- Take Megazolid Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed medicine.
Interactions of Megazolid 600mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Megazolid Tablet interferes with the action of medicines used in psychiatric disorders such as Phenelzine, Selegiline, Trazodone, Mirtazapine, Imipramine, Amitriptyline (monoamine oxidase inhibitors and other medicines that alter serotonin levels in the brain) and should not be co-administered with this medicine.read less
- Medicines used for migraines such as Sumatriptan and Zolmitriptan.
- Medicines that increase blood pressure like dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), dobutamine, etc.
- Anti-anxiety medications such as Buspirone, opioid painkillers like Pethidine should be used cautiously.
- Medicines used to treat sudden, life-threatening allergic reactions like epinephrine (adrenaline).
- Medicines that prevent blood clotting like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat nose blockage in cold and cough (decongestants like pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine).
- Rifampicin, an antibiotic used to treat tuberculosis, can interfere with the activity of Megazolid Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Cheese, yeast extracts, fermented soya products such as soya sauce and undistilled alcoholic drinks (like beer and wine) should be taken in limited quantities (as low as possible) while on medication with Megazolid Tablet.
Dosage of Megazolid 600mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Megazolid Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should I take Megazolid Tablet?
A: You need to take this medicine for as long as the doctor has prescribed, even if you stop having symptoms. Do not stop or start taking this medication without the knowledge of your doctor.
Q: What foods should I not eat while taking Megazolid Tablet?
A: Consumption of aged or mature cheese, fermented meats and soya products, yeast extracts, undistilled alcohol products like wine and beer should be minimized or avoided while taking Megazolid Tablet. This is because these substances contain a substance called 'tyramine', which may interact with Linezolid and cause a temporary rise in blood pressure.
Q: Can I take Megazolid Tablet if I have a cough (with sputum)?
A: No, this medicine has to be taken only for certain types of infection. It has to be taken on the advice of a doctor. It is not recommended to use this medicine without a prescription.
Q: Can I use this medicine in children?
A: Megazolid Tablet are not recommended to be used in children and adolescents below 18 years of age, as adequate supporting data is not available.
Q: Is there anything else I should know before taking this medicine?
A: Inform your doctor immediately if you experience any problems with your vision (blurring or impaired vision), there is reduced or loss of sensation in your arms or legs, you develop diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain or if your breathing becomes rapid.
Q: How do I know if the diarrhoea is antibiotic-associated?
A: The diarrhoea is classified as associated with antibiotics if there are more than 3 watery stools in a day. The episodes of loose motions can start as early as 2 hours after taking the antibiotic and can occur for some time even after stopping the medication.
Q: What should I do if I have diarrhoea while on treatment with Megazolid 600mg Tablet?
A: Avoid foods containing poorly absorbable sugars like wheat, onion, cabbage, legumes, mushrooms and seeded fruits like peaches, almonds, mangoes, apricots and dates. Inform your doctor if the stools are of any other color than yellow and you feel dehydration, stomach cramps and fever. Do not self-treat or stop the antibiotics without consulting your doctor.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 05:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved