Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
By BLUE CROSS LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meftal-Spas DS Tablet is a combination of two medicines namely Dicyclomine and Mefenamic acid. It is an antispasmodic medicine used for the treatment of spasms and pain in the abdomen during or before menses. This medicine should not be used for more than 7 days. If the pain persists, consult your doctor. It should preferably be taken with food or after food. This medicine should not be given to children below 12 years of age. It is advisable to give them the paediatric formulations of this medicine....
|You Save||₹9.90 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(500.0 Mg),Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Stomach cramp, period pain|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Mefenamic Acid(500.0 Mg) + Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
Meftal-Spas DS Tablet is used for relieving stomach cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle.
Contraindications of Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
- If you are allergic to Mefenamic acid, Dicyclomine or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, gastrointestinal bleeding or obstruction in the intestine.
- If you have severe kidney, liver or heart function problem.
- If you have asthma or have experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- If you have difficulty in passing urine or obstruction in the bladder and kidney.
- If you a condition of weakness in muscles.
- If you have a condition of increased eye pressure.
- It should not be used in infants below 6-months of age.
- This medicine should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- This medicine should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
Can I take Meftal-Spas DS Tablet during pregnancy?
Meftal-Spas DS Tablet should not be used by pregnant woman, as it can cause heart abnormalities in the growing foetus. It can also delay the labour and can increase bleeding tendency in both mother and child if used during labour.
Can I take Meftal-Spas DS Tablet while breastfeeding?
You can take this medicine while breastfeeding as it is usually safe.
Can I drive if I have consumed Meftal-Spas DS Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking Meftal-Spas DS Tablet. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Meftal-Spas DS Tablet?
Though there is no direct interaction of the Meftal-Spas DS Tablet with alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine and consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from respiratory disorders like asthma and lung and throat related disorders.
- You may experience fluid retention and high blood pressure. It should be used cautiously in patients with existing conditions.
- You are suffering from autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues of the body.
- You experience diarrhoea, skin reactions or overheating of the body after taking Meftal-Spas DS Tablet.
- You have an existing liver and kidney function problem or bleeding disorder of the stomach or the intestine.
- You are suffering from fits, epilepsy and seizures.
- You have a prostate-related disorder, ulcerative colitis and megacolon.
- Women can experience infertility with the use of this medicine. Avoid this medicine if you are planning to conceive.
- You experience some related brain disorders like confusion, hallucinations, tiredness or aggression.
- There is a risk of heart-related disorder, heart failure and stroke after prolonged use of this medicine. It should be used cautiously in patients with the risk of heart disorder.
Mode of Action of Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Meftal-Spas DS Tablet acts via the combined action of Mefenamic acid and Dicyclomine.
- Mefenamic acid works by inhibiting the production of prostaglandin by blocking an enzyme responsible for prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandin is an inflammatory mediator that is implicated in the conditions of pain, swelling and inflammatory responses....
- Dicyclomine acts via two mechanisms. It is an antispasmodic agent that acts on smooth muscles of the uterus, urethra, intestine and bile duct and helps in relieving pain.
Directions for Use of Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
- Meftal-Spas DS Tablet should be taken as a whole with water.
- Take this medicine with or after food as instructed by your physician.
Interactions of Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin should be used with caution, as there are chances of increased bleeding upon long-term use.
- Anti-platelet medicines such as Aspirin or Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers, when taken along, can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine, if taken along with Meftal Spas, can lead to low blood glucose levels.
- Meftal-Spas DS Tablet should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with Meftal-Spas DS Tablet.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, Captopril, Enalapril, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
- Medicines such as Methotrexate and Lithium, if taken along with Meftal Spas, can lead to toxicity of these medicines.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Chloramphenicol, Zidovudine and medicines to treat glaucoma should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
- Store Meftal-Spas DS Tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Meftal Spas Ds Tablet
The symptoms of an overdose of Meftal-Spas DS Tablet include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, rarely diarrhoea, excitation, coma, drowsiness, ringing sound in ears, fainting, occasionally fits or convulsions. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. If you have missed the dose, then take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Meftal-Spas DS Tablet cause infertility?
A: No, this medicine does not affect your fertility.
Q: Is Meftal-Spas DS Tablet safe during periods?
A: Yes, this medicine is safe during periods. It is used for relieving pain and cramps during and before periods. Use it under medical supervision only.
Q: Does Meftal-Spas DS Tablet affect your blood count?
A: Yes, there can be variations in blood cell count after taking this medicine. Tell your doctor before going for any blood tests, as it may vary due to this medicine.
Q: How long does it take for Meftal-Spas DS Tablet to show its actions?
A: This medicine usually starts working within an hour. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: Can we take Meftal-Spas DS Tablet on an empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine with food or after your meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: Can Meftal-Spas DS Tablet be used for headache and toothache?
A: No, you should not use this medicine for headache or toothache as it may not be effective for such pains.
Q: Can Meftal-Spas DS Tablet be taken for stomach pain?
A: Yes, Meftal-Spas DS Tablet is effective in relieving stomach pain and cramps.
MEFTAL SPAS DS
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.