Medomol 500mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Medomol 500mg Tab contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It belongs to a group of medicines called Analgesics (painkillers) or Antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever).
|You Save||₹1.65 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Medomol 500mg Tablet
Uses of Medomol 500 MG
- Periods pain
- Joint Pain
- Flu like symptoms
Contraindications of Medomol 500 MG
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
Side effects of Medomol 500 MG
- Side effects of paracetamol are rare
- Very rare cases of serious reactions may occur like skin rash, reddening, blisters, difficulty in breathing, swollen face or a runny nose
- Immune disorders where blood doesn't clot properly (thrombocytopenia purpura)
- High number of methemoglobin (form of haemoglobin containing iron) known as methaemoglobenaemia
- Low number of white blood cells (agranulocytosis)
Mode of Action of Medomol 500 MG
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. Medomol 500mg Tab contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever....
Directions for Use of Medomol 500 MG
Swallow this medicine whole with a glass of water or use it as directed by your physician
Interactions of Medomol 500 MG
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin
- Cholesterol lowering medicines like colestyramine, do not take this medicine within one hour of taking Medomol 500mg Tab
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food
Storage and disposal of Medomol 500 MG
- Do not store above 25°C
- This medicine must be kept away from the reach of children
Dosage of Medomol 500 MG
- Taking Medomol 500mg Tab in high doses may result in serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose then take it as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of atleast 4-6 hours between this dose and next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose
- Caution is needed in older people too
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.