Mecoder Od 1500mcg Tablet
By ELDER PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mecoder Od Tablet is a vitamin supplement used for the treatment and prevention of Vitamin B12 deficiency and anaemia due to lack of vitamin B12. It also helps in the production and maintaining the healthy red blood cell and nerve cells. It contains mecobalamin (vitamin B12) as an active ingredient. It is a sublingual tablet that should be administered just by placing it beneath the tongue or between gums and cheeks. It quickly absorbs there and enters into the bloodstream for effective results. It helps in providing the good functioning of the central nervous system and restores the deficiency. It is recommended to discuss with your doctor about your medicines and medical history before taking the Mecoder Od Tablet....
|You Save||₹16.20 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(1.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Vitamin B12 supplement|
Check more medicines with composition as Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(1.5 Mg)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Mecoder Od 1500mcg Tablet
Ingredients and Benefits
- Vitamin B12 is essential for the functioning of the brain and nerves, for the production of red blood cells and for DNA synthesis.
- It also plays a major role in protein and fat metabolism, fertility and the functioning of various hormones. It exists in different forms like Cyanocobalamin or Methylcobalamin.
- Deficiency of vitamin B12 can lead to anaemia, neurological changes and neuropathies.
Uses of Mecoder Od 1.5 MG
- Mecoder Od Tablet is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency and megaloblastic anaemia (a blood disorder caused due to deficiency of vitamin B12).
- It is also used in the treatment of painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy.
Precautions and Warnings of Mecoder Od 1.5 MG
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take Mecoder Od Tablet if you are allergic to any of the components of this supplement.
- You have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Directions for Use of Mecoder Od 1.5 MG
- Take Mecoder Od Tablet as directed by the doctor. Follow all the instructions given.
- Open the pack and take the tablet. Place it under the tongue or between your cheeks and gums, until it completely dissolves.
- Do not take it more than that recommended.
Storage and disposal of Mecoder Od 1.5 MG
- Store Mecoder Od Tablets in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take my other medicines also along with Mecoder Od?
A: Certain medications should be used with caution like antacids, anti-bacterial medicines like chloramphenicol and medicines used to treat bone problems like bisphosphonates should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours. It is advised to consult a doctor for more information.
Q: What is the use of Mecoder Od Tablet?
A: Mecoder Od Tablet helps in treating nerve problems or nerve damage and anaemia due to deficiency of vitamin B12.
Q: What food is rich in vitamin B12?
A: Fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk and milk products are rich in vitamin B12.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022].
- Sublingual and Buccal Medication Administration [Internet]. Healthline. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Mecobalamin: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Park K. Park's textbook of preventive and social medicine. 23rd ed. 608-625
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.