Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler Description
Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler contains fluticasone and formoterol which are packed as a suspension in a canister for an inhaler device. This inhaler should be used as explained by your doctor for the
treatment of breathing difficulties due to asthma and other chest conditions where there is a narrowing of airways due to long term inflammation of the airways and lining of lungs (COPD).
|₹121.67 (20% on MRP)
|Formoterol(6.0 Mcg) + Fluticasone(125.0 Mcg)
|Breathing difficulties due to narrowing of the airways (COPD) and asthma
|Headache, thrush, sore throat
|DRUGS FOR CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE
Uses of Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Contraindications of Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- If you are allergic to fluticasone, formoterol or any ingredients listed in this medicine.
- If you have an intolerance to certain sugars (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Yellowish white coatings or patches on the tongue, mouth or throat (thrush)
- Sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Infections of sinus, respiratory infections
- A dry mouth
- Altered taste sensation
- Shakiness of hands
- Eyesight disturbances
- Muscle cramps
- Increased heart rate
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Other General Warnings
- You have a thyroid disease or you are diabetic.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infections.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart diseases.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You have eye problems like glaucoma or cataract.
- You have disorders related to the immune system, kidney or liver.
- You are taking any other steroid medicines orally or an injectable.
- You notice worsening of symptoms after using this inhaler.
Mode of Action of Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Learn the proper technique of using Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler from your doctor, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- The medicine is packed in the inhaler and you need to puff it through your mouth deep into your airways.
Interactions of Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler should be done with caution.
- Medicines to treat fungal and bacterial infections (ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin) and antiviral medicines (ritonavir, cobicistat-containing products) may worsen the side effects if given along with this inhaler....
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on, the use of inhalers should be done judiciously as it may add up to side effects.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Maxiflo 125mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler contain steroids?
- Yes, Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler contains a steroid medicine that is very effective in improving the symptoms of breathing difficulties due to asthma. Inhaled steroids have comparatively lesser side effects than steroid tablets or injections....
Q: What precautions should I take while using Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler?
- Make sure you always keep Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler with you.
- Get a new refill/inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in the correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using an inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
- Ciplamed. Maxiflo [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Fluticasone+Formoterol - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO.Fluticasone+Formoterol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Breathefree breathefree.com Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]