Matiz Plus Tablet
By TAS MED INDIA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Matiz plus tablet is used for treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and symptoms like abdominal pain, flatulence, abdominal spasms. It is also used for treating anxiety associated with IBS. It is composed of chlordiazepoxide 5 mg and mebeverine 135 mg. It increases the action of a chemical messenger that lowers the activity of excited nerves and relieves stomach pain and cramps, respectively. IBS is a chronic syndrome that causes inflammation of the large intestines. Matiz plus helps in treating the symptoms of IBS. It reduces stomach discomfort, promotes easy gas passing, and reduces bloating. It also prevents intestinal spasms. It is used to treat abdominal pain associated with other conditions like peptic ulcers, diarrhea, enterocolitis, constipation, etc. Take Matiz plus tablets only when the doctor prescribes it. Do not give it to children below 18 years of age without consulting your doctor. It is a habit-forming drug; the dose should be carefully monitored. Do not stop using it suddenly; it needs to be slowly tapered....
|You Save||₹17.62 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Irritable bowel syndrome, peptic ulcer, anxiety and tension associated with stomach conditions, abdominal pain, bloating, flatulence, abdominal muscle spasms|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, drowsiness, fatigue, confusion, uncoordinated body movements, skin rash, slurred speech, nausea, vomiting, headache, heartburn, indigestion, constipation, dizziness, change in mood, unsteadiness, loss of appetite, decreased interest in sexual intercourse, menstrual changes.|
Check more medicines with composition as
Uses of Matiz Plus Tablet
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Peptic ulcer
- Anxiety and tension associated with stomach conditions
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal muscle spasms
Contraindications of Matiz Plus Tablet
If you’ve an allergy to any of the components of the Matiz tablet. If you use any anti-seizure medication, this drug will worsen the condition. If you have been using antidepressant medication If you have been diagnosed with Paralytic ileus when the intestines do not have regular movements If you are expectant or planning on getting pregnant If you are breastfeeding If you have a severe liver or kidney condition. If you’ve got a history of drug or alcohol abuse...
Side effects of Matiz Plus Tablet
- Loss of appetite
- Tremors in the body and limbs
- Low sexual desire
- Menstrual changes
- Change in the mood
- Slurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Mood disturbances
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Disclaimer - Most of these side effects do not need medical attention. But if you are experiencing any of the above side effects for a long time or with severity, consult your doctor and seek medical treatment....
Precautions and Warnings of Matiz Plus Tablet
Can I take a Matiz plus tablet during pregnancy?
No, it is unsafe to use Matiz plus tablets during pregnancy. It has shown definitive indications that it can cause developmental defects in unborn children. Consult your doctor for alternate medication.
Can I take a Matiz plus tablet while breastfeeding?
No, It is usually not recommended without your doctor's advice. There is no sufficient data of Matiz plus tablet effects on breastfeeding babies and mothers. Please consult your doctor and seek medical advice.
Can I drive if I have taken the Matiz plus tablet?
No, do not take Matiz plus pills before driving. It causes side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, and blurred vision.
Can I consume alcohol with the Matiz plus tablet?
No, do not consume alcohol with a Matiz plus tablet. It exaggerates the effects of alcohol. It can cause side effects like drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness, dizziness, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you give it to an elderly patient, dose monitoring is required. This drug may stay in the body for a long time due to low metabolism and cause adverse effects.
- If you’re using other medication, herbal products, or supplements, they can interfere with this medicine.
- If you are eating oily or fried food, they can worsen the condition.
- If you use any drugs that cause drowsiness with <atiz plus tablets, they can worsen the drowsiness and dizziness.
Mode of Action of Matiz Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Matiz plus is composed of chlordiazepoxide 5 mg and mebeverine 135 mg. Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine class of drug. It increases GABA activity, a chemical messenger that suppresses the excessive and abnormal activity of the nerves in the brain. It results in reducing anxiety associated with IBS. Mebeverine is an antispasmodic drug that relaxes the smooth muscles of the intestines. It relieves stomach pain and cramps....
Directions for Use of Matiz Plus Tablet
- Take a Matiz plus tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take it before consuming food.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break the tablet or chew this tablet.
- Do not abruptly stop taking this pill, as it can have adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Matiz Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are using other like antidepressants or antipsychotics with Matiz plus tablet, it can cause adverse effects
- If you are using other drugs that induce drowsiness like opioid painkillers, antihistamines with this medicine can cause increased drowsiness and slow your breathing.
- Studies have shown that this drug can interact with antacids. They should not be used at the same time.
Interactions with food items
- Do not take a Matiz plus tablet with alcohol. It can lower the functioning of the liver. It also can cause side effects like fever, chills, nausea, weakness, joint pain, itching, redness, swelling, vomiting, yellowing of skin and eyes...
Storage and disposal of Matiz Plus Tablet
Store Matiz plus tablet in neat and dry places, at room temperature. Take the pill immediately after opening it. Do not expose it to direct sunlight, wetness, or humidity. Dispose of the package after using it. Do not use the medication after its expiry date. Do not use it if the package is already broken. Keep this away from children....
Dosage of Matiz Plus Tablet
- Overdose of Matiz plus tablets can cause symptoms like dizziness, confusion, coma, blurred vision, excessive mouth dryness, urinary retention, and constipation. In Matiz plus tablet overdose, seek immediate medical treatment from the nearest medical center....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Matiz plus tablet, you can take it when you remember it. But, skip the missed dose if it's already the time for the next dose. Do not take both at a time, as it can lead to overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How do I take the Matiz plus tablet?
A: Matiz plus tablets should be taken only on an empty stomach. Try to take this one to two hours before eating as food may interact with this medicine.
Q: Does the Matiz Plus Tablet cause side effects if I stop using it suddenly?
- Yes, a Matiz plus tablet can cause withdrawal symptoms like sweating, tremors, irritation, flu-like symptoms, etc., if you stop using it suddenly. Consult your doctor first before stopping this drug. The dose of this drug needs to be slowly tapered....
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.