Martifur Mr 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Martifur Mr 100 MG Description
Martifur MR 100 mg tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of uncomplicated urinary tract infections. It contains nitrofurantoin, an antibiotic medicine. It works by killing the bacteria that
cause infection. Take this medicine in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor. It must be taken with food or a glass of milk. You are supposed to complete the dosage duration prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Martifur MR 100 mg tablet.
Uses of Martifur Mr 100 MG
Contraindications of Martifur Mr 100 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredients of Martifur MR 100 mg tablet.
- If you have any problems with your kidney.
- If you have a blood condition known as Porphyria.
- If you are pregnant (final stages of pregnancy - labour or delivery).
- If you are breastfeeding a baby who has glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase deficiency.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
- This medicine should not be used in children less than 3 months old.
Side effects of Martifur Mr 100 MG
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Martifur Mr 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as diabetes, kidney diseases, etc
- You have any history of allergic reactions
- You are anaemic
- You are suffering from a condition that may cause weakness
- Martifur MR 100 mg tablet is not recommended for use in children who are less than 3 months old
Mode of Action of Martifur Mr 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Martifur Mr 100 MG
- Martifur MR 100 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water or milk.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food.
- It is advisable to take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Martifur Mr 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Martifur MR 100 mg tablet if taken at the same time. You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Martifur MR 100 mg tablet....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for indigestion like antacids, anti-gout medicines like probenecid, antibiotics like ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin, medicines like atropine that slow the passage of food through the stomach, acetazolamide (used in glaucoma), etc....
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Martifur Mr 100 MG
Dosage of Martifur Mr 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Martifur MR 100 mg tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Why can’t I stop taking Martifur MR 100 mg tablet if I feel I am recovering?
Q: What is the composition of Martifur MR 100 mg tablet?
Q: Can Martifur MR 100 mg tablet be given to children?
Q: Can Martifur MR 100 mg tablets on an empty stomach?
Q: Can I stop taking the Martifur MR 100 mg tablet if I feel I am recovering?
Q: Is Martifur MR 100 mg tablet good for Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.