Martifur Mr 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By WALTER BUSHNELL LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Martifur MR 100 mg tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of uncomplicated urinary tract infections. It contains nitrofurantoin, an antibiotic medicine. It works by killing the bacteria that cause infection. Take this medicine in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor. It must be taken with food or a glass of milk. You are supposed to complete the dosage duration prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Martifur MR 100 mg tablet....
|You Save||₹28.77 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Urinary tract infection|
|Side effects||Headache, drowsiness, fever, skin rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Nitrofurantoin(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Martifur Mr 100 MG
Martifur MR 100 mg tablet is used to prevent and treat uncomplicated urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Martifur Mr 100 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredients of Martifur MR 100 mg tablet.
- If you have any problems with your kidney.
- If you have a blood condition known as Porphyria.
- If you are pregnant (final stages of pregnancy - labour or delivery).
- If you are breastfeeding a baby who has glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase deficiency.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
- This medicine should not be used in children less than 3 months old.
Side effects of Martifur Mr 100 MG
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Martifur Mr 100 MG
Can I take Martifur MR 100 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Martifur MR 100 mg tablet can be used during pregnancy only if prescribed by your doctor. It should however, not be used at this stage of pregnancy (during labour or delivery) as it may harm the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Martifur MR 100 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
As nitrofurantoin is known to pass into breast milk, you should consult your doctor before using Martifur MR 100 mg tablet during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Martifur MR 100 mg tablet?
Martifur MR 100 mg tablet may cause dizziness and drowsiness, hence you need to be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Martifur MR 100 mg tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Martifur MR 100 mg tablet. However, long term use of alcohol weakens your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as diabetes, kidney diseases, etc
- You have any history of allergic reactions
- You are anaemic
- You are suffering from a condition that may cause weakness
- Martifur MR 100 mg tablet is not recommended for use in children who are less than 3 months old
Mode of Action of Martifur Mr 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Nitrofurantoin in Martifur MR 100 mg tablet works by killing the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Martifur Mr 100 MG
- Martifur MR 100 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water or milk.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food.
- It is advisable to take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Martifur Mr 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Martifur MR 100 mg tablet if taken at the same time. You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Martifur MR 100 mg tablet....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for indigestion like antacids, anti-gout medicines like probenecid, antibiotics like ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin, medicines like atropine that slow the passage of food through the stomach, acetazolamide (used in glaucoma), etc....
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Martifur Mr 100 MG
Martifur MR 100 mg tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Martifur Mr 100 MG
An overdose of this medicine may cause symptoms like stomach irritation, nausea and vomiting. Contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital if you experience any such symptoms or feel you have taken too much of Martifur MR 100 mg tablet....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of Martifur MR 100 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Martifur MR 100 mg tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Martifur MR 100 mg tablet is an antibiotic which is used in treating and preventing uncomplicated urinary tract infections.
Q: Why can’t I stop taking Martifur MR 100 mg tablet if I feel I am recovering?
A: You need to continue taking this medicine until advised by your doctor. If you stop taking it before completing the treatment, it may lead to recurrence of infection.
Q: What is the composition of Martifur MR 100 mg tablet?
A: The composition of Martifur MR 100 mg tablet includes - nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient.
Q: Can Martifur MR 100 mg tablet be given to children?
A: This medicine is not recommended for use in children below 3 months old.
Q: Can Martifur MR 100 mg tablets on an empty stomach?
A: No, Martifur MR 100 mg tablet should be taken with food or milk or after having a meal.
Q: Can I stop taking the Martifur MR 100 mg tablet if I feel I am recovering?
A: You need to continue taking this medicine until advised by your doctor. If you stop taking it before completing the treatment, it may increase the risk of recurrence of infection.
Q: Is Martifur MR 100 mg tablet good for Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Martifur MR 100 mg tablet is used to treat and prevent uncomplicated UTI caused by various infection-causing bacteria. However, do not self-medicate and consult a doctor before taking any medicine for your condition.
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.