Mahagaba M Od Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mahagaba-M OD tablet is used to provide relief from neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage). Mahagaba-M OD tablet is a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) as its active ing
redients. This medicine reduces the pain sensation by altering the release of pain signals, through the formation of new nerve cells and regenerating the damaged ones. Take this medicine at a dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You can take this medicine with or without meals, but it will be better if you take it at the same time every day. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, your doctor may decrease the dose of this medicine gradually, else it might result in serious health consequences such as difficulty in breathing, anxiety, sweating, vomiting, low mood, fatigue, etc. is known as the withdrawal effect....
Uses of Mahagaba M Od Tablet
Mahagaba-M OD tablet is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of abnormal painful sensations in different body parts due to damage to the nerves.
Contraindications of Mahagaba M Od Tablet
If you are allergic to pregabalin, methylcobalamin or any of the ingredients of the Mahagaba-M OD tablet.
Side effects of Mahagaba M Od Tablet
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Mahagaba M Od Tablet
Can I take the Mahagaba-M OD tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy until considered essential by the doctor after assessing the potential benefit and its need. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of childbearing age and are taking this medicine.
Can I take the Mahagaba-M OD tablet while breastfeeding?
- Consult your doctor before using the Mahagaba-M OD tablet, as its components pass into the breastmilk, but its effect on the breastfed baby is unknown.
- Thus, your doctor will decide on either discontinuing the medicine or breastfeeding after assessing the potential risk on breastfeeding infant over the risk of delayed treatment on breastfeeding mother....Read more
Can I drive if I have consumed the Mahagaba-M OD tablet?
You may experience side effects like dizziness, sleepiness after taking the Mahagaba-M OD tablet, thus you should avoid driving if you experience any of these effects.
Can I consume alcohol with the Mahagaba-M OD tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol when you are taking the Mahagaba-M OD tablet as it may increase side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and can also impair your normal body movements.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical help.
- You have a heart failure problem.
- You experience allergies like bumps and swelling in the skin, itching, etc after taking the Mahagaba-M OD tablet.
- This medicine can cause dizziness, and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness.
- You are experiencing muscle weakness, pain, discomfort, tenderness. This can be a sign of a muscle problem called myopathy inform your doctor immediately.
- You may get suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have a history of fits, then never stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Mode of Action of Mahagaba M Od Tablet
How Does It Work?
Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotransmitter) in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain, whereas methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) helps in the formation of nerve cell
s and regeneration of damaged nerves....
Directions for Use of Mahagaba M Od Tablet
Mahagaba-M OD tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time fo
r optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose....
Interactions of Mahagaba M Od Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Mahagaba-M OD tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may experience dizziness and drowsiness if you are taking medicines for mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, fits and sleep disorders along with this medicine.
- You may experience water retention and swelling if you take anti-diabetic medicine like pioglitazone with this medicine. Be cautious if you have an existing heart failure problem.
Storage and disposal of Mahagaba M Od Tablet
- Store the Mahagaba-M OD tablets below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mahagaba M Od Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of the Mahagaba-M OD tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of the Mahagaba-M OD tablet if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow
your normal dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Mahagaba-M OD tablet a normal painkiller?
A: Mahagaba-M OD tablet is used to treat pain associated with nerve damage in the brain. This kind of pain is not cured by normal painkillers. Do not use it as a normal painkiller and you should take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking the Mahagaba-M OD tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking the Mahagaba-M OD tablet on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it.
Q: Will a dose higher than the recommended dose of Mahagaba-M OD Tablet, be more effective?
A: No, the Mahagaba-M OD tablet should not be taken at higher doses than the recommended dose as it will not be more effective. It will rather increase the risk of side effects and its toxicity. If your symptoms worsen or do not improve, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
- EMA. Alzain Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- USFDA. Lyrica, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Pregabalin/Methylcobalamin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- Vitamin B12 - Fact Sheet for Health Professionals [Internet]. Nccih.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- EMA. Alzain Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
|You Save||₹19.48 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Pregabalin(75.0 Mg),Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(1.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, drowsiness|
Last Updated on: 19 Jul 2021 | 01:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved