Mahaflox D Eye Drops
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mahaflox D Eye Drop is a combination medicine containing Moxifloxacin, an antibiotic and Dexamethasone, a steroid. These drops help to treat various bacterial infections of the eyes and also prevents the further risk of infection and reduces inflammation of the eyes especially post-surgery. You may experience mild symptoms like blurred vision, redness, irritation in the eye, headache and dizziness on initial use of the eye drops. These eye drops should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Please talk to your doctor regarding your health condition before using the eye drops.
Uses of Mahaflox D Eye Drops
- To treat bacterial infections of the eye like conjunctivitis.
- To treat and control the redness, swelling, pain, inflammation of the eye and reduce the post-surgery.
Contraindications of Mahaflox D Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to the active ingredients of the drops i.e. Moxifloxacin and Dexamethasone.
- If you are suffering from a fungal infection.
- Children below 18 years of age.
Side effects of Mahaflox D Eye Drops
- Eye irritation
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Mahaflox D Eye Drops
Can I use Mahaflox D Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information regarding safe usage of Mahaflox D Eye Drop during pregnancy. Thus, please use it only on your doctor's advice.
Can I use Mahaflox D Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
These eye drops can be used safely during the breastfeeding phase.
Can I drive if I have instilled Mahaflox D Eye Drop?
You may experience blurred vision on the application of Mahaflox D Eye Drop, thus it is suggested that you avoid driving immediately after instilling the eye drops as visual disturbances can hamper your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol after using Mahaflox D Eye Drop?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Mahaflox D Eye Drop. Nonetheless, if you are recovering from eye surgery or suffering from a bacterial infection it is advised that you don’t consume alcohol until your condition improves.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to the active ingredient Moxifloxacin and Dexamethasone, or any other ingredient of the eyedrops.
- You are suffering from a fungal infection.
- You are suffering from an eye infection caused by the herpes simplex virus.
- You have a history of cataract, glaucoma, or increased (intraocular) pressure in the eye.
- You are wearing contact lenses, as they must be removed before instilling the eye drops.
- This medicine is not to be used in children below 18 years of age.
- Use this medicine with caution in the elderly.
Mode of Action of Mahaflox D Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
Moxifloxacin works by interfering with the enzymes required for replication of bacterial DNA, this prevents the growth and multiplication of the bacteria thereby controlling the infection. Dexamethasone prevents the release of substances (prostaglandins) that causes inflammation (swelling, heat and redness) by suppressing the immune system.
Directions for Use of Mahaflox D Eye Drops
- Use this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss the dose.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Check the expiry of the product.
Interactions of Mahaflox D Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- As these eye drops are used externally, interactions with medicine are unlikely. However, if you are using other eye drops, Mahaflox D Eye Drop can affect the way they work and may alter the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Hence, you should be cautious while taking other eye drops along with Mahaflox D Eye Drop.read less
- Please inform your doctor about all the medicine, herbal supplements, vitamins that you are taking.
Dosage of Mahaflox D Eye Drops
As this eye drop is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion or over-application, you may experience eye irritation and burning, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. Make sure you have sufficient.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I wear contact lenses after instilling the eye drops?
A: You are advised not to wear contact lenses till your eye infection goes away as the use of contact lenses can worsen the infection. Please consult your doctor for more advice.
Q: Can I use Mahaflox D Eye Drop for my child?
A: No, these eye drops are not recommended for children below 18 years of age. Please consult your doctor for a safer alternative.
Q: When should I use Mahaflox D Eye Drop?
A: Use these eyedrops in dose and duration as recommended by your doctor.
Q: Will Mahaflox D Eye Drop be beneficial in treating ear infections?
A: As the name suggests, these are eye drops and should be used for treating bacterial infections of the eyes only on the recommendation of your doctor.
- MOXIVIG 0.5%w/v Eye Drops, Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021]
- MOXIVIG 0.5%w/v Eye Drops, Solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021]
- Drugs H. Dexamethasone Ophthalmic: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 16 Apr 2021 | 10:44 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved