Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
60ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mahacef Dry Syrup is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its main component. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections such as infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat and airways, gallbladder and bile duct. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which ultimately kills the bacteria. Mahacef Dry Syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur.
Uses of Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
Mahacef Dry Syrup is used for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear, nose or sinuses, infection of the urinary system (such as bladder and kidney), chest, lungs, throat, etc.
Contraindications of Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Mahacef Dry Syrup.
- If you are allergic to any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin.
Side effects of Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
- Stomach pain
- Severe diarrhoea
- Itching or skin rash
- Watery diarrhoea with fever and weakness
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
Can I take Mahacef Dry Syrup during pregnancy?
Since there is limited safety information available during pregnancy, Mahacef Dry Syrup should not be used during pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Mahacef Dry Syrup while breastfeeding?
It is unknown whether the Cefixime passes into the breastmilk. Hence, it is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with Mahacef Dry Syrup. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mahacef Dry Syrup?
Mahacef Dry Syrup can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits. If you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Mahacef Dry Syrup?
No information is available on interactions of Mahacef Dry Syrup when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effects of this medicine and delay the recovery from infection. Thus, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this antibiotic.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Mahacef Dry Syrup.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Mahacef Dry Syrup.
Mode of Action of Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
How Does It Work?
Cefixime in Mahacef Dry Syrup works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
- Take Mahacef Dry Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle or as suggested by the doctor.
- Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Reconstituted solutions should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mahacef Dry Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures, medications used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin).
Storage and disposal of Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
- Store Mahacef Dry Syrup below 25°C, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mahacef Dry Syp 60ml
If you have taken too much of Mahacef Dry Syrup, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose. If you have missed taking any dose of Mahacef Dry Syrup, take it as early as you remember.
- If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I was given Mahacef Dry Syrup for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine. Can I discontinue taking this medicine?
A: No, Mahacef Dry Syrup is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system. This can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicines for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: Can I stop taking Mahacef Dry Syrup on my own if I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Mahacef Dry Syrups on your own. Complete the entire course of this medicine to avoid antibiotic resistance.
Q: Can I take Mahacef Dry Syrup for stomach infection?
A: No, Mahacef Dry Syrup may be effective for controlling stomach infection. Moreover, stomach infection could be due to various reasons; thus, you should not take this medicine for any infection without consulting your doctor.
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- DailyMed - Cefixime [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 07 May 2021 | 03:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved