Macroskin 500 MG Description
Macroskin Tablet is an antibiotic and is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, skin, throat, urinary tract, etc. It contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This med
icine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using Macroskin Tablet inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Macroskin 500 MG
Contraindications of Macroskin 500 MG
Side effects of Macroskin 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Macroskin 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Macroskin Tablet.
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You suffer from any mental health problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Macroskin Tablet.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Macroskin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Macroskin 500 MG
- Macroskin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results, and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Macroskin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Macroskin Tablet works, or Macroskin Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Macroskin Tablet.
- Medicines used for migraine, and headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout, like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Macroskin 500 MG
- Store Macroskin Tablet at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep them away from children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Macroskin 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Macroskin Tablet?
Q: Are there any side effects with Macroskin Tablet?
Q: Can I take Macroskin Tablet for throat infection or cough?
Q: Can I stop taking Macroskin Tablet if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
Q: Can I take Macroskin Tablet for fever?
Q: What is the composition of Macroskin Tablet?
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]